Loader
logo

(Dubious) Dacey complains about an enemy of the Free Folk

Started by tos1, October 08, 2022, 07:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Dacey Mormont is speaking. She complains to the player character about sending someone (male) to somewhere.

str_dacey_kingsupport_objection:
----
Mormonts have been hunting Wildlings for as long as I can remember. You mark yourself as an enemy of the Free Folk by sending him out in your name.
----

My question is:
Is this "enemy of Free Folk" appropriate?

I have not reproduced the situation and don't know who is the man sent out, but compared the sentence with Dongo's. He complains about Dacey and he says to player character as below.

str_dongo_kingsupport_objection:
----
Dacey Mormont. Mormont, a name we fear and hate. The name of the Crow King, you make enemies of the free folk.
----

I make sense that he call Mormonts "enemy of the FF" but I feel a contradiction the Dacey's "enemy of the FF". IMHO, it seems to that Dacey should say "enemy of Mormonts" or something like "...of North" or "...of me" unless she worries about the player character takes sides with Mormonts.

(If the man who sent out is Mormonts, Dacey's speech would be right as a warning to player character. But I cannot find any companion from Mormonts other than Dacey as far as I read the strings.txt and translated csv files.)

Sorry if this is my misunderstanding and confuses the developers.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband v1.167 downloaded

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview