Loader
logo

Dragon Queen quest ends up in the half way?

Started by tos1, November 23, 2022, 02:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
(Spoiler alert)

A sequence of quests ends up in the half way and the player cannot know what to do.

I was asked the quests from a person (below) at a certain place (below). After I got the quests done, someone (below) ordered me to prepare for when someone (below) comes, but the order is not left in the quest page (that appears by Q key). After a gap of (real world's) week, the player cannot remember who asked, what was asked, and what she/he should do.

Players familiar with the original novels or TV series could have chance to know the correct way, but for other players, the sequence of quests suddenly ends and that leaves a feeling of great loss because she/he cannot know what to do.

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Probably the player need to be a non-vassal. I'm testing the case where the player character is not belonging to any faction.
Visit the lord's hall in King's Landing, find and talk to Lord Varys, accept and do all five quests in order (qst_varys_inv_1 thru 5). At the end, he asks you to deliver a message to Ellaria Sand (qstr_Lord_Varys_has_asked). I visited the meeting place (specified by a variable {s23}), found and talked to her. She says like:
----
dlga_start:close_window.9
You're free to take your leave now, {playername}. Go and prepare, for when the Dragon Queen comes, she shall show no mercy to her enemies.
----

I met and talked to Varys to end the fifth quest from him. My quest page became empty. I talked again soon but he replies like as if a complete stranger.

After two additional (in-game) days, I received a message via a raven and it says:
----
menu_varys_invasion_dany
One of your commanders has news delivered by a raven. He goes on to read...^^ I am Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful queen of the Andals and the First Men. Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains.^Your Queen invites you to Dragonstone to bend the knee and pledge your allegiance to House Targaryen.
----

But I left clicked to close it before I read with caution because I have believed that it would also be written in the quest page as with Varys's five quests. However, my quest page remains empty and the message above is not displayed again.

(In addition, in case of unfamiliar players to the original story, she/he can determine that Daenerys Stormborn who sent the message above is The Dragon Queen (said by Ellaria Sand) ONLY IF the player carefully read a long text (qstr_The_Andals_called_it) displayed in the right side of Character menu page (C key) AND the player knew that both Daenerys Stormborn and Daenerys Targaryen are the same person. In other words, THE PLAYER NEED TO KNOW THE TITLES OF CHARACTERS IN THE ORIGINAL STORY in order to solve the game and to keep herself/himself on the right track that the developer intended)

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband v1.167 downloaded

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview