Loader
logo

A weapon smith speaks player's words

Started by tos1, November 13, 2022, 08:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 13, 2022, 08:04:01 AM Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 02:23:08 PM by tos1 Reason: A multibyte character got mixed in the title. Corrected it to "w".
(Spoiler alert)

It seems that a man speaks words the player should speak. The situation is limited to a conversation with specific person who know about Valyrian steel.

----
dlga_qohor_buy:herrero_buy
(Rumour) Ah, hello ser. I wonder if these fine blades include Valyrian steel? Is this something you can forge?
----
dlga_herrero_buy:herrero_trade
Valyrian steel is forged by magic and spells. No no we cant forge Valyrian from scratch. We can however re-forge Valyrian steel. Would that be of interest to you {my Lord/my Lady}?
----
dlga_herrero_trade:herrero_trade2  <-----
Sure. What could you do for me ser?
----
dlga_herrero_trade2:herrero_choose.1
Well, I have enough Valyrian steel to forge either two small blades or a large blade. Which would you prefer?
----

The speaker of the 4 lines above should be Player-Weaponsmith-Player-Weaponsmith, but the weapon smith speaks 3 times in a row.

The first parameter 4095 of (at least) TWO LINES in the conversation.txt seems to be wrong:
----
dlga_herrero_trade:herrero_trade2  <-----
Sure. What could you do for me ser?
----
dlga_herrero_trade:close_window
Actually, I've changed my mind.
----

I experimentally changed these 4095 in both lines into 69631 as the player character and got an expected result (attached image).

I don't know it's enough to change only two lines.

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Visit Qohor, stroll through town, find the weapon smith, talk to him, and select "(Rumour) Ah, hello ser. I wonder if these fine blades include Valyrian steel? Is this something you can forge?".
He says "Valyrian steel is forged by magic and..."
Click to advance.
He says "Sure. What could you do for me ser?"
(There is no choice in the bottom and the player must click the screen to advance.)

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband v1.167 downloaded

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview