Loader
logo

Menu Text Problem

Started by picklepants, July 16, 2014, 10:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am playing a legal version of Mount and Blade Warband that I bought on Steam and I'm playing on a Mac OS X system. I have used several other mods and had no problems with them. I am able to start A World of Ice and Fire without a problem, but when I get to the menu the text shows up as black boxes. =140865285&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/picklepants11/media/ScreenShot2014-07-16at20945PM_zps5d2e0250.png.html?filters[user]=140865285&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

thats strange... try putting native font data in your modules folder a world of ice and fire/data - font_data

Then remove the font texture from the modules textures folder.

You are the best! I love you so much right now. That worked perfectly! :-* Time to have some GoT fun now!

Sorry something else has come up now. Some textures like skin tones are missing. I was setting up my character and when going through the skin tones some were just completely black.

From the link in the moddb page for A World of Ice and Fire.

Hmm im not sure why some of your textures are not working, are there many others black when you start the game? Have you tried changing settings, ie, load textures on demand?

Ive never had this problem, neither has anyone else reported it so im pretty unsure. Maybe someone else could post here if theyve had the same problem and managed to solve it?

Also, have you installed the patch from the mod db site and the hotfix from this site?

July 16, 2014, 11:48:24 PM #8 Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:04:44 AM by picklepants
Some of the weapons such as the knife I started with were all black as well as the skin of the first guy I had to fight as soon as the game starts. I have not installed the patch or the hotfix. I'm assuming some of these problems might be because I am using a Mac. But the majority of stuff works fine. I will let you know if the patch and hotfix work.

UPDATE:

I added the patch and hotfix and then when I try to open the game it just goes to the native loading screen instead of WOIAF loading screen then crash about halfway through loading. So I removed the update and hotfix and now it works fine. I can deal with a few black textures if the majority of the game works. But I would like to be able to figure it out.

Sorry if I'm not supposed to dig up old posts, but I just got nowhere else to go.  :'(
I've been trying to play GoT mod for a while now, and I'm just wondering how you managed to start the mod? I'm using the steam version of MBwarband on Mac OSx as well, but my game never gets past the loading scene.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can give me a solution. 

Bbglop

Have you installed the patch and hotfix by unzipping them into the a world of ice and fire mod folder?

Produno:

Yes, I've sort of tried everything. With/without patch, changed all graphics to the lowest, edited the render_buffer_size in rgl_config...
When I tried the 0.5.0 version it shows the loading scene (the one with Game of Thrones title and a sword), but when the loading bar hits full it crashed to desktop.

And also when I put on the 0.5.4 patch should I just drag everything from the patch folder into the main mod folder and overwrite everything, or should I instead drag all the individual files into each sub-folder. (e.g. the files in the 0.5.4 texture folder into the 0.5.0 texture folder)
Because I tried both ways and none of them worked.  :(

Yeah, you was doing it correct the first way. The next version shall be released on Friday. I would probably suggest you wait to try and see if you have any better luck with that. If not then i will look into it a bit more and see if we can find the problem.

September 17, 2014, 04:00:59 PM #13 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:43:07 PM by bbglop
Ok, will do. thanks a lot!  :)

EDIT: I just tried the 0.6.0 version, same story. It loads and when the loading bar is about full, is crashes to desktop.

Theres been a new update for warband for mac users by the looks of it. Maybe that will help now?

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview