Loader
logo

Huge framerate loss when playing mod

Started by visum454, July 19, 2017, 05:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi.

I can play native on 60 fps, sometimes 30 when battle is big, but it works well. Settings medium-low.
I could play ACOK and AWOIAF 2 days ago, but now I have lack of FPS. It's around 10 xD. I don't know why.

I'm trying to play on ultra-low even on 640x480 but there is 10 fps always. Textures in first battle (in King's landing) loading like shit, 10-15 seconds before full load.
When I tried to change to DirectX 7, it was quite playable with 60 fps. But there was pale white textures and squares on background (clouds, mountains).
Is there any chance to change textures to this from native?

Also I did nothing to game, didn't changed any settings, any computer settings. Every game works normal like before. But not warband. Reinstalled game like 4 times, nothing.

And pls, change this fucking captcha, it takes 30 minutes (really) to register. You are scared of skynet or what?

How is anyone supposed to know why a few days ago you could play it and now you can't??? And mods have way higher requirements then native. Get a better PC.

Oh, I thought that reading skill is compulsory in primary school, sorry man. Maybe in your country it isn't.

I don't want to get banned like this, so I will just write my exasperation of anger in spoiler, so only you can read it. Go on!
[spoiler]I don't know how many times I heard it. BUY NEW PC. It's future, you don't have money for it? NO PROBLEM, BUY NEW PC XD. You have lags in game that should work on your computer perfectly NOOB BUY NEW PC. This game worked you before? NOOB BUY NEW PC HOW SOMEONE HOW SUPPORT OF GAME CAN KNOW WHY ITS NOT WORKING YOU NOOB. READ IT AND SPELL IT BECAUSE I DON'T THING YOU GET THIS AT FIRST TIME.

Let me show you how support works. It's called DIAGNOSTIC, give me your pc configuration, give me this log, set this to on, maybe check your gpu temperatures etc.
And I am waiting to be supported like this. So I'm waiting 2 days. Nothing. AND HERE COME MY HERO, LAST POST RARILMAR. And I read it. And I got just more angry instead of support. Why the heck you writing things like this? For what?[/spoiler]

Okay I will write it's again. I CAN HANDLE THIS GAME BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S NOT WORKING NOW. Please don't talk about new pc.
Cheers.

July 20, 2017, 03:41:28 PM #4 Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:44:45 PM by Produno
You are playing a free mod, which you paid nothing for, then you get angry because i, a lone developer of the free mod you are playing (did i mention you paid nothing for it) do not answer your question in less than 24 hours.

I barely have the time to work on this mod atm, let alone answer support questions in a timely manner. I mean even a AAA game which costs £40-50 you cannot expect a support answer within 24 hours and thats from people that are getting paid to do that. You know, they go to work and answer while at work, not after they have already worked 12 hours and in the little spare time they have.

Anyway, did you take a look at the post stickied at the top pf this thread? What is your pc specs? What version warband are you running? Are you windows or mac? Something has changed your end if before it was playable and now its not, thats something i cannot possibly know.

Also, i actually work as an engineer and you realise for me to carry out diagnotics for customers costs £36 ph + callout and travel. Thats the price you pay for quick support.

If you expect help from me or others on this forum then you need to be a bit more patient and polite. Which both cost nothing btw.

July 20, 2017, 04:24:25 PM #5 Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:28:54 PM by visum454
I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't know that you are alone without any support. I'm just getting angry when someone can only say "BUY NEW PC". Yea, it's my wish to buy new pc but I can't afford it now so I'm playing older games like Warband. It's better to don't talk if you don't have any idea about situation.

And I admire your job, mod is good, it's actually Warband engine that sucks so much. I'm just devastated of this game, it didn't happened to me never in any game. I paid for game that should work good, support of TaleWorlds did nothing to solve my problem.
I'm sorry.

So this is my computer:
Athlon X2 2.1 GHz
RAM 4 GB DDR2
ATI Radeon HD 4570 512 MB
SATA2 Disk 250 GB
Windows 10 64 Bit

I'm playing on version 1.168, because 1.172 have HD textures, and I don't want it.
And I have one funny thing that I remembered. It just started when I played mod and just clicked CTRL+Space to travel faster.
I tried everything in this pinned post, no reaction. It works better when playing on DX7, but only Native support this.
Thanks for your attention.

No worries.

I would suggest upgrading to 1.172. If you dont want updated native textures, then copy your current ones and paste them into the native, textures folder of 1.172. This means you keep the non hd textures. Though you may need to do this in the commonres too.

The mod unfortunately only supports dx9 because of the shaders, though i may in the future release a dx7 friendly version. It just depends how much work it is and how much time i have.

It maybe be basically problem of DX9. In other mods, that somehow support DX7 (with some artifacts, but overall is playable) i have min 30 fps in dense cities and fights at MAXIMUM settings. So, that's why I am thinking about DX9. On the other hand, other games that use DX9 works normally.

Upgraded to 1.172, but didn't help.

If I can change the HD textures to normal, it is possible to change mod textures to native? I think it would help a little.

All the old map trxtures are in the resource folders, so if you know how to modify them you can change them back to previous and run in directx7. I dont have the time atm to list them all though. Take a look on tw forums for the map textures and they should be all in the materials resource folder in the mod.

Oh I don't know anything about modding in Warband ;/
I will try to read something on tw forums.

July 21, 2017, 11:55:14 AM #10 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:59:57 AM by Riven
Visum,

Buying a new pc is a solution, buy expensive, of course, but only upgrading your gpu for about 50$ will make your life better

Radeon HD 4570  vs GeForce GT 720
GPU brand    ATI       Nvidia
GPU name    RV710       GK118
Clock speed    650 MHz       967 MHz
Shading units    80       384
Texture mapping units    8       16
Render output processors    4       8
Pixel rate    2.6 GPixel/s       7.74 GPixel/s
Texture rate    5.2 GTexel/s       15.47 GTexel/s
Floating-point performance    104 GFLOPS       742.7 GFLOPS
Memory clock speed    500 MHz       900 MHz
Effective memory clock speed    1,000 MHz       1,800 MHz
Memory bus    64 bit       64 bit
Memory    512 MB       2,048 MB
Memory type    DDR2       DDR3
Memory bandwidth    8 GB/s       14.4 GB/s
TDP    25W       19W

The geforce 720 is not a great card, but is miles ahead of your old gpu and only 50$. For 70$ you have 730, much better or 80$ an AMD RX 550.

Quote from: Riven on July 21, 2017, 11:55:14 AM
Buying a new pc is a solution, buy expensive, of course, but only upgrading your gpu for about 50$ will make your life better

M&B has an old engine that doesn't make proper use of gpu power so upgrading it won't solve much. It's the CPU that does all the work and his cpu the Athlon x2 is 10+ years old.

So I'll be the evil guy again that states the obvious that he doesn't want to hear... he needs to get new PC or play other mods that work for him.

Yea, talk more when you actually know nothing.

CPU Usage is about 20% when playing warband, gpu is almost 100%.
4570 is laptop card, do you know that?

You said computer not laptop on your specs but w/e you are beyond any help and clearly too dumb to understand anything. God help you cuz none else can  ;D

July 21, 2017, 02:40:52 PM #14 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:44:42 PM by visum454
Learn something about IT, because even digital clock is fucking computer and if I will want to play on calculator I will call it computer.
There is no HD 4570 for desktop, I thought it's obvious, but again you destroy my worldview. I hope there is not much people like you.

If you think you are trying to help at any way, it's propably your biggest mistake.

Seriously, who the fuck are you? XD
Just leave please, I don't want to argue with you no more.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview