Loader
logo

Huge framerate loss when playing mod

Started by visum454, July 19, 2017, 05:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Like anyone remembers the HD4570 used to be a laptop only card... go ahead and keep calling your laptop a computer...

Hard to check in google before joining to discussion, but I didn't expect such advanced thought process from person like you.
Quotego ahead and keep calling your laptop a computer...
Here you are:
[spoiler]MY LAPTOP IS COMPUTER, AN ADVANCED ELECTRONIC MACHINE THAT CAN PARSE INFORMATIONS WHICH CAN BE WRITED AS NUMBERS OR CONTINUOUS SIGNAL,
MY LAPTOP IS COMPUTER, AN ADVANCED ELECTRONIC MACHINE THAT CAN PARSE INFORMATIONS WHICH CAN BE WRITED AS NUMBERS OR CONTINUOUS SIGNAL, MY LAPTOP IS COMPUTER, AN ADVANCED ELECTRONIC MACHINE THAT CAN PARSE INFORMATIONS WHICH CAN BE WRITED AS NUMBERS OR CONTINUOUS SIGNAL, MY LAPTOP IS COMPUTER, AN ADVANCED ELECTRONIC MACHINE THAT CAN PARSE INFORMATIONS WHICH CAN BE WRITED AS NUMBERS OR CONTINUOUS SIGNAL, MY LAPTOP IS COMPUTER, AN ADVANCED ELECTRONIC MACHINE THAT CAN PARSE INFORMATIONS WHICH CAN BE WRITED AS NUMBERS OR CONTINUOUS SIGNAL, MY LAPTOP IS COMPUTER, AN ADVANCED ELECTRONIC MACHINE THAT CAN PARSE INFORMATIONS WHICH CAN BE WRITED AS NUMBERS OR CONTINUOUS SIGNAL, MY LAPTOP IS COMPUTER, AN ADVANCED ELECTRONIC MACHINE THAT CAN PARSE INFORMATIONS WHICH CAN BE WRITED AS NUMBERS OR CONTINUOUS SIGNAL[/spoiler]
If I would say that my LAPTOP is DESKTOP I would agree with you.

I think it's enough for you. Now you can leave in peace and go do some funny things like hang laundry (not yourself of course).

July 21, 2017, 04:02:37 PM #17 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:04:21 PM by Riven
Visum, first, a warning, you're asking for help on a free forums for a free mod, try to be kind otherwise I'll have to close the topic.
Second, in fact, there is a 4570 desktop card:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2076/radeon-hd-4570

So, please, provide all the details that can be important for your help, when asking for it.
Being the mobility gpu it is, i'm pretty sure your only solution is to make as Produno said, because the mod is heavy and pushes your computer beyond its capabilities.

I don't have any problems with you, but with this useless discussion with this instigator.
I appreciate that you trying to help me. I know that buying new PC would be easiest way, but I cant afford this.

So I am asking for help in this forum. And I get guy who knows absolutely nothing, talks shit only to get me angry.

Yes, I am playing on laptop, I thought it was clear, sorry for misunderstanding. I am suprised that you found desktop version of my card.

I will try to reinstall windows maybe, idk what I can do more.

I instigated you? lol you were raging from 2nd post cuz none replied to a post where you basically gave no useful info about your problem and then you come back with bad info. You need pills to calm down boy. You're the kind of guy that calls tech support cuz PC not working, gets annoyed when the operator suggests such a trivial thing as 'check the power cable' realizes it actually is the problem, tells the operator he was useless cuz he can't admit the real problem and look like an idiot and sets a 1 star review to the call experience.

July 21, 2017, 06:57:46 PM #20 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:02:04 PM by visum454
Yea, at first I was to nervous. I thought there is more people in this team that works on mod and give support. I was wrong, forgive me.

You compare checking power cable to useless "BUY NEW PC". Really? Really you think it's equal TO GIVE BASIC SUPPORT, ASK BASIC QUESTIONS and CHECK THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE APPLICANT and ONLY WHAT YOU NEED IS NEW PC?
Listen. If I would call to support and they give me guy like you, I would just report you. If they give me guy like your "operator" I would be grateful.

Man, think about what you writed. From your story, I can be somehow this "kind of guy", but you are not this operator. No no no. You are this bad guy from IT forums that every problem solve by buying new pc.
I could play this game on good settings, now I can't. So I need to buy new PC if you want to play this game more. Learn about drawing conclusions.

Btw you don't know nothing about me, so just leave.

And I ask again. Give me info that you need. I don't know really, any logs, any system info. If you want anything just ask.

July 21, 2017, 07:23:22 PM #21 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:26:31 PM by Produno
Guys c'mon enough is enough. No need to carry on. If you wanna argue then feel free to take it to PM's.

On a second note, i would suggest looking on TW forums, there's quite a few threads regarding tweaks to make warband work better which should work for this mod too.

Failing that you may just have to wait and hope i have the time to release a low res dx7 version.

Okay so, I hope you will get some time to do it, I really want play this mod.
Until that, I will search for more help, and reinstall Windows. It may help.

Thanks for help.

July 21, 2017, 09:57:07 PM #23 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:44:31 PM by Riven
Are u using the steam version? If yes, you can try using steamos, the game is supported in that os. It's linux, so your laptop will work better and there you can download the mod from workshop. Maybe will be worth a try

EDIT: I've just installed Linux Mint (ubuntu sources) and then installed steam on a virtualbox machine, to try steam on linux, that works too, mount and blade appears for downloading as linux working game. It's easier to install ubuntu or mint than steamos

Hey, I was having the same problem with awoiaf mod and after trying many and many different settings i found it a solution, not the best but it worked for me. I use an old laptop for playing and when i turn Directx9 on the mod become as lag as hell so the solution i've found it was to turn the directx7 on using the module.ini file inside your awoiaf module file. You just need to find "supports_directx_7 = 0" and turn it to 1 but doing it will cause the scenerio to become white and apparentey without textures, i don't know if there is a way to fix it but i think i'll have to wait for a possible directx7 compatibility in the future versions. Anyway, the mod is very good and i am enjoying it a lot (even without the cool textures), if I were you i would do the same. Hope it help you. Btw, i'm foreign so forgive me for any dumb error in my vocabulary.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview