Loader
logo

hostile civilians in city ambush event / suicidal lords

Started by rumpelstilzz, February 06, 2024, 08:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
During the random event of bandit ambush on entering cities, I am frequently attacked be unarmed civilians. They count as hostile, but only attack on close range, which means I have to scour the whole city and kill all of them so the event can end. Tab out only responds: You cannot leave now.

unrelated:
Is there any option (combat difficulty?) to prevent allied lords from charging into the enemy alone and dying?

I'm not the developer and also don't have the answer. I sometimes meet the same situation. In some specific towns, it is often difficult to find the last person standing, making it a struggle. (The same can be said for prisonbreak missions including castles other than towns.)

I consider this to be one of the puzzles in this MOD and I enjoy playing. (Of course, sometimes I just can't find the enemy and time is up. In the case, I give up and discard the task of the game.)

While at least one companion left or the enemies shoot arrows, we can see which direction they are, but after all the companions are defeated and no arrow comes it can be difficult to spot the enemies. However, once we know the approximate location, they are usually in the same place, so we can deal with it the next time. The direction of the enemy's occasional shouts can also be a hint.

As I reported in the reply to a v8.* topic "So much bugs in Iron Islands" (today I added images to it), the last enemy is often getting stuck at a hole on the 2nd floor in case of Castle Black. This is obviously a different issue left inherited to v9.1 and the stuck enemy is hard to beaten using the player's powerless wooden stick, but it's not impossible to beat him. I'm enjoying also the stuck bug.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview