Loader
logo

"Visit the lord's hall" disappears when invited to a wedding at Twins

Started by tos1, March 14, 2023, 02:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
At the time the player received the invitation, the choice "Visit the lord's hall" disappears from the menu of probably all castles regardless of enemy/ally. It doesn't depend on the choice that the player done at the invitation. The choice "Visit the lord's hall" appears again 4 days after. In my case, it was the moment when some factions made peace just after The Red Wedding.

In other words:
The trigger that invalidates the choice is the invitation to wedding at The Twins. The trigger that validates the choice is The Red Wedding and following peace treaty.

While the days the choice disappeared, I visited several castles of factions to check; Dorne, Reach, Westerlands, Riverland, Vale, North, Lys. Each of them doesn't have the choice of lord's hall. Even if the choice doesn't exist, the player can enter the lord's hall via the "Tour the grounds" and the door to it, so it seems not to be an intended design.

In my case, the factions that made peace were; Westerlands-North, Westerlands-Riverland, Reach-North, Reach-Riverland.

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Play while saving frequently, wait for the invitation, take a note of the day. Play from the last save point, play until just before the invitation date, visit any castle (not town). Save the game to verify. Check that the "Visit the lord's hall" exists in the castle's menu. Wait until the invitation, select one from two choices; "Tully or Stark" or "Frey.". Check the castle's menu again. The choice "Visit the lord's hall" disappears. Wait 4 days. The report of The Red Wedding comes and some factions stops war. Check the castle's menu again (at any castle). the "Visit the lord's hall" gets revived.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.2, Warband v1.174 downloaded