Loader
logo

Text "received from" and "dealt from"

Started by tos1, October 02, 2022, 01:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Locate to [Camp]-[Options] and mouse-hover each of "Hero damage" and "Hero damage dealt". The explanation text (defined by qstr_Set_how_much_damage_is or qstr_Set_how_much_damage_is_) appears and each of it says:
----
Set how much damage is received from all lords and companions (heroes).
----
Set how much damage is dealt from all lords and companions (heroes).
----

Both seem to mean "damage that is given from ...". If both pulldown lists in the righthand are right, the explanation for "Hero damage dealt" should have to be "dealt to" because the pulldown says like choosing bigger damage makes game difficult.

About translations:
I'm not so good at English and don't understand Spanish/French at all, but (by using machine translation) both related Spanish texts seem to be wrong (if the pulldown is right) because upper one says like "is dealt to" and latter one says like "deal" (i.e. if they are reversed then I think that's right.). The French texts seem to have the same problem with English one.

In addition, I recommend to clarify whether the "lords" and "companions" are ally, enemy, or all (I saw conversation about "turning against" in a text file, and know the possibility of that). Otherwise I think these two explanation texts for the difficulty setting would be meaningless.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband downloaded ("v1.167" in the menu of MOD)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview