Loader
logo

Reward of the kidnapped girl quest

Started by tos1, December 07, 2023, 04:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After the player character completed a quest of ransom and returned to the town, the guild master says a wrong value as reward like;
"... Please take these 1 silver stags ...".
The bug probably originates from the Native (mod system 1.171). Though the reg8 seem have to be set at the Conditions-block, it set only at the Consequences-block.

Please note that I don't have AWoIaF's py code. The code below is of Native. I compared AWoIaF's conversation.txt with Native's, and understand that AWoIaF's doesn't also set reg8 at the Condition-block. I don't know whether the assigning to reg8 is necessary at both Condition-block and Consequence-block or at only the former.

---- Native's module_dialogs.py (Module system 1.171)
  [anyone,"mayor_begin", [(check_quest_active, "qst_kidnapped_girl"),
                          (quest_slot_eq, "qst_kidnapped_girl", slot_quest_current_state, 4),
                          (quest_slot_eq, "qst_kidnapped_girl", slot_quest_giver_troop, "$g_talk_troop"),
                          ],
   "{playername} -- I am in your debt for bringing back my friend's daughter.\
  Please take these {reg8} denars that I promised you.\
  My friend wished he could give more but paying that ransom brought him to his knees.", "close_window",
   [(quest_get_slot, ":quest_gold_reward", "qst_kidnapped_girl", slot_quest_gold_reward),
    (call_script, "script_troop_add_gold", "trp_player", ":quest_gold_reward"),
    (assign, reg8, ":quest_gold_reward"),
    (assign, ":xp_reward", ":quest_gold_reward"),
    (val_mul, ":xp_reward", 2),
    (val_add, ":xp_reward", 100),
    (add_xp_as_reward, ":xp_reward"),
    (call_script, "script_change_troop_renown", "trp_player", 3),
    (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_center", "$current_town", 2),   
    (call_script, "script_end_quest", "qst_kidnapped_girl"),
    ]],
----

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Visit one or more towns, meet the guild master, select "Do you happen to have a job for me?", repeat until a ransom quest happens, do the job well (e.g. defeat the bandits), return to the town, do a training melee fight at the arena and get defeated soon TO REWRITE reg8, and meet the guild master again for the ransom quest.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.2, Warband v1.174 downloaded
(Probably earlier versions also have the same problem)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview