Loader
logo

Prison rescue never be finished

Started by tos1, February 23, 2023, 05:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Related topic:
Unable to rescue lord from Prison in Shatterstone (v7.*)
So much bugs in Iron Islands (v8.*)

----
(1) Cannot access into the prison after knocked down several guards
Almost the same with the topic of v7.* above. I tried at Downdelving without quest. After the player knocked down 7 or 8 guards, there is no entry sign of the prison, two companions get stuck the wooden panel, and Tab key says "Cannot leave now". Some key sequences like F1-F3, F3-F2, F3-f1 works, but the only option the player can is Esc and exit game.
(Many people and companion get stuck on the wall. Talking to them sometimes help to escape from the wooden slot but companions speak as if returned from long separation from the party)

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
I tested at Downdelving. (The problem may relate to the wooden slot of the v8.* topic above)
Search for a castle where at least one lord is captured as a prisoner, visit it and "Tour the grounds" its prison, talk to the prison guards, select "I want to speak with a prisoner", select "Come on now. ...", select "Give me the keys to the cells -- now!". Attack to him and other all guards. It will not be finished.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.2, Warband v1.174 downloaded

----
(2) Rescued person does not move
At some other castles the lord fights well with the player char but not at Pyke.

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
I tested the situation where Lady Barbrey Dustin is a prisoner in Pyke (The Iron Islands). Visit Pyke, "Tour the grounds", walk forward till a wooden suspension bridge appears, go over the bridge (it takes 2 or 3 real minutes from the start point due to the very long distance), talk to and knock down a prison guard, enter into the prison, talk to the prisoner (Lady Barbrey Dustin), select "I'll need you to grab a weapon and ...". The player and the prisoner go out but she does not move, just standing by the bridge. (F3-F1 works. She draw her sword. F1-F1 or F1-F2 don't work for her)

(In the case that Lord Harwood Fells at Ashemark, everything went well. He fight with the player and F1-F1 and F1-F2 worked)

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.2, Warband v1.174 downloaded

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview