Loader
logo

Out of context at the later signing up with companions (Shadrich, Val,...)

Started by tos1, October 11, 2022, 10:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Most companions tell player their condition (or their wish to the player) to be employed when not only they met for the first time but also they met again. The sentence has an ID str_xxxxx_signup_2 and it is spoken till the player employs them.

But Shadrich says "Only then I will pledge you my blade." and the player cannot know Shadrich's employment condition unless the player remember it. Shadrich speaks his employment condition only once using the str_3_signup when he meets the player for the first time.

Val's context also has similar and smaller problem. She says only once about the threat of the winter and her mission to persuade at the first contact with the player (using the ID str_4_signup), and when met later, she says "So, are you willing to help or am I wasting my time here?" (using the ID str_4_signup_2). The player cannot know what and how does the player help Val unless the player remember it.

Other companions seem to have no problem as far as I checked the strings.txt and corresponding game_strings.csv briefly.

An example of Shadrich (when the player meets again).

----(Shadrich)
dlga_start:companion_recruit_meet_again
We meet again.

----(Player's choice)
dlga_companion_recruit_meet_again:companion_recruit_backstory_delayed
So... what have you been doing since our last encounter?

dlga_companion_recruit_meet_again:close_window
Good day to you.

----(Shadrich)
str_3_backstory_later
Perhaps it is time that you decided that you need my sword.

----(Player's choice)
dlga_companion_recruit_backstory_delayed_response:companion_recruit_signup_b
I might be able to use you in my army.

dlga_companion_recruit_backstory_delayed_response:close_window
I'll let you know if I hear of anything.

----(Shadrich)
str_3_signup_2
Only then I will pledge you my blade.

----(Player's choice)
str_3_signup_response_1
I share your sentiments friend. I fight every battle to last of my dyeing breath.

str_3_signup_response_2
In fact, I have changed my mind.

----(Shadrich)
str_3_payment
I ask you pay me {reg3} stags upfront, this will cover my living should you die while I am in your employ, I do not want to be a poor knight.

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Before you meet Shadrich (or Val), find him (her), talk to, select "I might be able to use you in my army.", select the first entry in the next choice, don't employ him (her), after some days, find him (her), talk to, and select "So... what have you been doing ..." and the following "I might be able to use you in my army." again.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband v1.167 downloaded

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview