Loader
logo

Lifespan of the fortified camps

Started by tos1, October 12, 2022, 12:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
There seems no delay for building/destroying an fortified daily camp, though [Q key]-[Game Concepts]-[Camp Entrenchment] page says it takes hours or days to build according to the engineering skill and it remains about 3 days.

Just after I turned on the checkbox "Fortify Camp" in the camp menu, "Visit your camp" button shows already the camp was fortified with pickets.

I tested when the Engineer skill of my party is 4. I pushed the "Wait here" and "Wait here for some time." button to wait. In the world map, the camp is showed as multiple tents and multiple horses as soon as starting camp unlike a normal single tent/horse. After 7 days in the game, As soon as I click the ground to stop camping, the tents/horses disappears and the travel is resumed.

There seems to be inconsistencies between the Concept page and the real behaviors.

ip_entrenchment in the info_pages.txt:
----
... The time required to entrench is based upon the number of soldiers in your army and your parties skill in engineering. A small band of warriors with no skill in engineering will take days to entrench a camp site. An army of 30 or more with a few points in engineering can accomplish this in just a few hours.^^When you complete the entrenchment, a circle of pickets will surround your camp. This entrenchment will remain in place for approximately three days after leaving the entrenchment. You can leave and return to the entrenchment during this time without having to do any ...
----

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband v1.167 downloaded

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview