Loader
logo

F2 F7 key (memorizing) is sometimes ignored

Started by tos1, October 02, 2022, 08:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Perhaps party's morale affects to that. It seems to happen when morale is low enough.

During a battle, F2 key always displays an upper-left menu F1 - F8. When morale is high enough, F7 key reports the memorizing is done with bottom-left messages. The upper-left menu remains after that and F1 - F8 are available till F1 - F6 or Esc is pushed.

When morale is low enough, following F7 key seems to be ignored (I can recognize that because any bottom-left message is not displayed). The upper-left menu remains also in this case, and F1 - F6 or Esc key are available.

In case that party morale is very low enough before starting a battle, the problem (shock got by player) is a bit smaller. However, in a borderline case, the player might be flustered because the morale goes-up-and-down "while a battle" and "each time the player retreat-and-challenge-again or leave-and-challenge-again". In such case, F7's availability would waver between yes and no.

I think the root of all problems is that the upper-left menu remains after F7 or F8 key though I don't know it is intentional. Secondly, I think that the line of F7 and F8 should be removed from the upper-left menu when they are not available.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the condition for F7 to be ignored. I have no solid evidence but I believe the party's morale decides the threshold for F7 for now as far as I  tested and experimented.

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Low party morale (perhaps 20 or lower?), any battle (e.g. against a lord or a caravan)

- Computer specs:
Laptop, Win8.1 64bit, Core i7-4600M 2.9 GHz, 8 GB memory, GeForce GT 730M

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband v1.167 downloaded

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview