Loader
logo

v4.3 (latest) - Factions remaining united after defeat

Started by ronodeno, May 08, 2019, 12:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
[v4.3 Latest]

Bug description: The factions remain at war even though their properties have been taken over (and getting the pop up e.g. Iron islands are no more). The Vassals of that kingdom then roam around weird routes around the entire map with a very low amount of troops and just continue to get captured, be let free, rinse and repeat. This happened for the Iron Islands, however when Dragonstone was taken by the Targareans through the scripted event the last property for Dragonstone faction was weeping town - this was taken and the vassals still wander around but no pop up saying that Dragonstone is no more (at least as far as I could see).

How to reproduce it/when/why it happens: Wipe out a faction with no properties left, usually takes a few days for the pop up to occur.

Your computer specs: I7 4770 3.2ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 970, win 10

Game version (and steam or downloaded): 4.3 downloaded from mod db

Additional information (Screenshots ect):

Factions not being totally destroyed after being destroyed is normal.  A faction is only destroyed when a certain percentage of lords have been either been recruited by you or defected to other factions.  Just think of it this way, they are the resistance to your or another factions unlawful occupation of their lands.  Just because all the land is taken doesn't mean the war is over....

If static wars is turned on, vassals almost never defect. You'll have them running around by themselves. I play the game on static until after the Red Wedding and then turn it off.

My current game in static mode had the Iron Island vassals defect nearly 50-100 days after their faction was defeated. I have not seen a lord defect unless their faction was defeated.

Getting lords to defect is a pain, but their loyalty does crumble after multiple beat downs.  A lords loyalty to a faction leader is influenced by if they own a fief, for every defeat, every rewarded fief, and regrettably I think battles they fight with their liege. Another way to lower their loyalty is to start feuds with the travelers found in the tavern.  I usually get them to feud with their liege lord, then invade.  By getting them in a feud status with their liege you can easily start to see indictments for treason and defections begin as their armies are defeated in the field.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview