Loader
logo

Knights Don't Switch to Swords

Started by echo268, January 05, 2019, 10:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Reach Knights, Vale Knights, and Red Cloak Knights (this may apply to others but this is what I've found so far) all continue to use their lances when in close quarters. This renders them essentially ineffective when in combat, and troops which are extremely expensive and time consuming to train become next to useless. This doesn't fit the lore or the actual history of how knights fought, and it's very frustrating to watch three Reach Knights get killed by Lannister Footmen simply because they won't whip out a sword.

Having this change would be very nice. Sometimes I catch them using swords and I can't tell if that's because they're switching themselves or if it's only because the lances break.

The Z key is supposed to command them to use their sidearms but that doesn't seem to work either.

Yeah and I think even if the control did work it makes for too many commands in battle.

ACOK has optional fixes for things like this such as forcing all mounted troops to use lances if available and switching to swords when in close combat, it might be worth suggesting to produno.

Quote from: thenorthremembers on January 10, 2019, 08:27:52 PM
Yeah and I think even if the control did work it makes for too many commands in battle.

ACOK has optional fixes for things like this such as forcing all mounted troops to use lances if available and switching to swords when in close combat, it might be worth suggesting to produno.

I've added this from 1257ad for the next update.

Quote from: Produno on January 12, 2019, 04:54:40 PM

Great to hear

Great! I'll plan a Westerlands play-through and give my Vale Riders a break :)

Great!

A little off-topic but since you're talking about 1257ad, do you plan to add anything else from that? I think the tournament system and maybe even the recruiting system would perfectly fit Westeros.

Quote from: King J on January 15, 2019, 05:58:05 PM

A little off-topic but since you're talking about 1257ad, do you plan to add anything else from that? I think the tournament system and maybe even the recruiting system would perfectly fit Westeros.

I'd like to object to the latter idea. I absolutely hated 1257's recruitment system.

can someone explain what is "1257ad" ??

January 18, 2019, 07:00:27 PM #12 Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:02:23 PM by Riven
Quote from: Arya on January 18, 2019, 11:45:23 AM

can someone explain what is "1257ad" ??

It's a medieval mod for warband. Here is the enhanced edition. It's the other mod I always play, besides awoiaf, ofc :)

It's not a betrayal. It's like going once to mcdonald's when you usually go to Burguer King :)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview