Loader
logo

Claimant Quests impossible to complete

Started by echo268, December 17, 2018, 07:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I crushed Pentos while helping Valarr Blackfyre, but after taking all their castles and towns and roundly defeating their armies (Westerosi knights are no joke against Essosi troops), none of the Lords would join me even though I had positive relations with two of them. Furthermore, Pentos did not disappear as a faction, and the lords did not defect anywhere else. As a result, with the white walker invasion looming, I had to tell Blackfyre the rebellion was over and go north to fight the wildlings. I ended up Lord of Pentos and its castles, but I'm frustrated that I had to fail the quest. Is this a bug, or is it just extremely difficult?

I dont think the claimant aspect is something that has had much attention in the mod to be honest but I take it you cant recuit them because they say "long may he live" when asking them what they think of the factions ruler? Or do they just refuse to join when asked?

If its the former then the lords relation with his/her ruler is to high and you will have to lower it by defeating them/taking fiefs/waiting while they have no fiefs etc

Cheat Alert - I believe you can go into reports with cheatmenu on / faction orders (I think) and then click accross to pentos for example and click make all current lords fall out with leige, this would make them join you much easier and faster worst case.

Also the faction wont end until all vassals have been either deafeated (as in captured/no longer a party on the map) or recruited to another faction in this case yours.

I think they don't defect on their own when static wars are active (not entirely sure). And you usually need a pretty good relation to them if you want them to join your faction. Some lords won't even talk about it if your relation is below 40 or sth like that, it depends on their personality

That would probably be it. Was driving me crazy and I ended up starting a new game.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview