Loader
logo

Are these bugs still there?

Started by desdanova, April 23, 2019, 03:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everyone! I love the mod and since the new season of GoT I feel like I will play mod again ! (I didnt count but now its 6th time I guess :) ). But before I do I want to situation of bugs I know so if they are still there I may be choose different adventure I dont wanna dissappoint again.

- What happens when you make your companion or daughter/son a lord? In my previous game they were only waiting in town/castle you give them with only 1 troop. (and towns/castle's troops wont increase either)
- What about lords comebacks? In my last game (after a while I defeated westerlands) rebellion happened and Walder Frey become ruler of westerlands with his vassal King Robb Stark :) (there were another stupid combination aswell but this one was the most remembered :D )
- Is it still impossible to save Robb from red wedding?
- Is it still impossible to marry with Queen Daenerys?
- Are free folk troops still useless in real battles? (They armors and weapons are weak. Even high difficult avarage troops can easly cut them down)
- Is Free Folk faction even their troops reaaaallyy bad in real battle, still wrecking nights watch in AI battles and took over every castle nights watch own ? :D
- Is North faction still unbeatable? I captured all of their towns/castles, exiled or executed all their lords and their king. Still faction is there. Never "North defated" happens.
- Is truce count between me and other faction never expires?

Besides them I have few more suggestions if you may listen

- I think unsullied should much more stong and expensive (75.000 Silver is nothing if you know how to get money)
- We shouldnt have spent skill points to control ships.
- Good lords should abandon their asshole leaders as well. If I am an honourable king and have good reputation. They should prefer to be with me instead of their see you next tuesday liege lord. (I dont mean persuation. I know I can get them by talking.)
- If I gain trusts and love honourable lords by doing good deeds. Why the bad ones doesnt effect my actions they may like?
- Why I dont have the oppurtunity exile lords before they rebel? It just instantly happens. There should be rumors or some signs of the event so I may take action. And that action shouldnt cost ALL other lords dislike me.
- Why I dont have the option to make bend the knee to a liege lord? Aegon gave that choice. I wanna give it too. I like tywin. I dont wanna kill/exile him.
- No matter the odds. Looting from battle is useless and pointless.

I will do my best to answer these from my experience in playing through the mod countless times.

- As far as im aware they work normally like any other companion being made a lord, but I have to admit I havent done it yet in this current version, but it worked for me in the past.
- The strange combination of comeback lords has always been present, like you I've had tywin leading the Dornish and other strange things.
- It is possible to save Robb but very difficult, the only way I've managed to do it is saving before going in and trying and trying countless times, but it is possible.
- Yes it is impossible to marry Daenerys, she counts as a man with a female skin.
- Free Folk are indeed useless, other than Thenns which are a useful troop against the WW as they use dragonglass wpns.
- Again they are useless but thats only in an actual played out battle, in terms of autocal they arent that bad.
- I have had the North defeated in the past, so im assuming that must have just been a bug for you.
- The truce expiration thing has/had been a bug for a very long time, it has been fixed multiple times but still seems to happen... I think nowadays it may only be a visual bug and you wont lose reputation... but someone can correct me on that.

I am not part of the dev team or anything like that but i'll share my insight on your suggestions.

- Unsullied are I find already strong enough, but I do agree that maybe the cost should be adjusted but thats just my personal opinion, around 120k sounds right to me.
- I disagree, with the companions giving us so many other skills, we should have a reason to need to go into charisma etc.
- You can convince honorable lords to come to your side, you just also need to have a good relation with them yourself.. its not easy but its not meant to be, they are honorable for a reason.
- Im not sure what you mean here sorry
- You got sortof have a notice period, in the fact that they have a terrible relationship with you in most cases.
- Asking them to join your side if you happen to be the king is the same thing really, just different wording... you can just imagine in your mind you've asked them to bend the knee :p
- Yes and no, you have to have a very small party size to get alot of good loot from a large battle or high tier battle and (correct me if im wrong) I think companion characters take a much larger share than normal units so having those with you also works against you.

Thank you very much for your answers   :D

I want to correct few misunderstanding

- By liege lord I meant kings. We should (of course it should be really hard) be able to surrender whole kingdom as it is in the nature of original world of ice and fire
- I know we can convince good lords. But they dont come to your kingdom by themselves. You ALWAYS have to find him and try. They never switch sides. (Killing your king in his wedding and becoming liege lord for example. A strong good lord shouldnt follow that traitor bastard anymore :D )
- And back there I meant; By gaining reputation, your relation with good lords increase even you dont meet them before. For example martial lords relation should increase with your renown, because they are martial! Should be impressed by your extraordinary battle tales.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview