Loader
logo

Ambush (City/Town)

Started by Sunjackal, June 11, 2018, 11:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Very rarely, when you enter a town you are ambushed. When this happens, after killing the assailants - you are not prompted with the ability to end the battle.

I walked around Lys for around ten minutes before force quitting the application. Tabbing simply states "You cannot leave now" so you're effectively trapped.

Quote from: Sunjackal on June 11, 2018, 11:38:16 PM
Very rarely, when you enter a town you are ambushed. When this happens, after killing the assailants - you are not prompted with the ability to end the battle.

I walked around Lys for around ten minutes before force quitting the application. Tabbing simply states "You cannot leave now" so you're effectively trapped.

Have you tried to kill every single one of them, first? :D
One was probably hiding somewhere, glitching through the wall. Those situations can occur. Just Ctrl+F4 to knock them out with the "force" and you're good!
"Dick"... I like it!

I mean, it's surely possible. But it's happened 5 times now, and I am pretty sure that I got them all.

Nop , you didn't kill them all . It happens to me as well some times . There is always someone else who is hiding or bugged or whatever . In this situations I just run to the city edge when I can pres leave area .

If this happens please post the scene it happened in here so i can take a look at the spawn points. One may be in a hard to reach place which i can relocate.

The one I spotted the most often that has wacky spawns was Salt Pans

Please stop implementing this in mods is very annoying and it doesn't make any sense at all...or make it an option

Quote from: nixterboss on July 10, 2018, 05:27:02 PM
Please stop implementing this in mods is very annoying and it doesn't make any sense at all...or make it an option

This is part of native, not mod specific. It just means some spawn locations in towns have to be very specific and the same spawns are used for these and for other things which makes it pretty linear.

Tyrosh is another place where this happens. I killed all the bandits 5-6 times over and the scene wouldn't end. Unfortunately my earlier save put me too far back so I was forced to let them beat me and steal 18,000 stags just so I could continue on my way.

Quote from: JoeP on September 24, 2018, 01:35:46 AM
Tyrosh is another place where this happens. I killed all the bandits 5-6 times over and the scene wouldn't end. Unfortunately my earlier save put me too far back so I was forced to let them beat me and steal 18,000 stags just so I could continue on my way.

next time just run to map edge and leave map from there

I am lord of Pentos and face this A LOT entering the town.  The ambushers are spread all over the map and you have to go find them. One guy is always up in tower in an inaccessible section of the map. I just use a cheat because its so tedious and time consuming. Rarely is the ambush in any area an actual ambush. You will have a couple of people rush you then you have scour the map looking for a peasant.

Quote from: Lucerys on February 13, 2019, 05:45:02 PM
I am lord of Pentos and face this A LOT entering the town.  The ambushers are spread all over the map and you have to go find them. One guy is always up in tower in an inaccessible section of the map. I just use a cheat because its so tedious and time consuming. Rarely is the ambush in any area an actual ambush. You will have a couple of people rush you then you have scour the map looking for a peasant.

I had the same problem in pentos...

It is annoying, but there's a simple way to leave the town. You can either:
1) Walk to the edge of the map and leave manually.
2) Quicksave with F12, leave the game and then load your quicksave. You'll get attacked once again, so wait untill the morning.

[4.2] volantis bandits spawn in some unreachable locations, tried many times never could complete the town ambush here.

If you have cheats on, <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<F4>  will knock out remaining enemies. This is really useful when that last enemy is unreachable/unfindable.

NOTE: Make sure <Ctrl> is pressed! <Alt>+<F4> will kill the active window, which in this case is the game.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview