Loader
logo

[2.2] Alfred in Varys-Questline can not be captured after knocking him out

Started by OnionBro, September 30, 2017, 12:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bug description: The Varys-Questline seems to be buggy at the point where you have to capture the spy and his ally (alfred and petyr). I followed Alfred to Petyrs position, fought them, knocked both of them out and killed the suires, but i have been only able to take Petyr Prisoner. It seems to be impossible to capture Alfred, no matter how often i try.

How to reproduce it/when/why it happens: It happened always when i knocked Alfred out in battle that he did not show up in the screen where you manage whom of your knocked out enemies to take prisoner. (I tried ca. 5 times)

Your computer specs: An ASUS RepublicofGamers-Laptop running Windows 10. If required i can check for more details on this.

Game version (and steam or downloaded): steam, v1.172 if the main-menu is correct.

Additional information (Screenshots):
        the casualties screen after battle: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1151643152
        the capture screen: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1151643498
     another try:    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1151686910
                          http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1151687094

I dont think is bug your quest is compleate anyway ,i capturate only petyr just like you and i finished the quest

Quote from: Igli1234 on September 30, 2017, 01:07:16 AM
I dont think is bug your quest is compleate anyway ,i capturate only petyr just like you and i finished the quest
Before 2.0 it was possible to capture both and you got a better reward for it than for only capturing one of them. It was a book if i remember correctly.

I still don't have this issue, but here's some fixes, kill their horses and then rout them, then capture them from there.

Ensemble cheats and she alt+ctrl&f4

These both work.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quote from: Weizen1988 on October 02, 2017, 02:45:43 AM
Ive tried both of those, having same problem. Didnt seem to help.

Very strange, I never fail this quest, no matter what I try. Are you using steam workshop version or modDB version?
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 02, 2017, 01:26:07 PM

Very strange, I never fail this quest, no matter what I try. Are you using steam workshop version or modDB version?
Moddb have been for a day or two now after discovering how messed up steams version was. and playing 2.2, fresh install. I can cheat ko everyone, petyr, alfred, and the squires, but only petyr and squires show on captured list. If I fight alfred alone, that whole screen doesnt even show up, goes straight from the page showing how many of your people were lost/wounded, and how many you killed/wounded, where he shows as wounded btw, hit next which usually sends you to the freed prisoners, captured enemies and so on page, instead just sent straight back to map. It worked perfectly before 2.0 came out, even on the steam version, or at least the one time i tried the quest before 2.0 came out, it worked absolutely fine.

And also, its not failing. We cant get the bonus for catching both, only one of them. Catching 1 gets you a small reward, catching both got you more, extra money and a book, its even listed in the wiki. We can only catch 1 of 2. It doesnt fail the quest, it prevents completing it properly, gives us a "well I guess you tried your best" result, then moves on to next mission.

Could you at some point make a throwaway character and go run the quest to show screens you are able to capture them both? How recently have you checked it?

Quote from: Weizen1988 on October 02, 2017, 03:21:43 PM

Moddb have been for a day or two now after discovering how messed up steams version was. and playing 2.2, fresh install. I can cheat ko everyone, petyr, alfred, and the squires, but only petyr and squires show on captured list. If I fight alfred alone, that whole screen doesnt even show up, goes straight from the page showing how many of your people were lost/wounded, and how many you killed/wounded, where he shows as wounded btw, hit next which usually sends you to the freed prisoners, captured enemies and so on page, instead just sent straight back to map. It worked perfectly before 2.0 came out, even on the steam version, or at least the one time i tried the quest before 2.0 came out, it worked absolutely fine.

And also, its not failing. We cant get the bonus for catching both, only one of them. Catching 1 gets you a small reward, catching both got you more, extra money and a book, its even listed in the wiki. We can only catch 1 of 2. It doesnt fail the quest, it prevents completing it properly, gives us a "well I guess you tried your best" result, then moves on to next mission.

Could you at some point make a throwaway character and go run the quest to show screens you are able to capture them both? How recently have you checked it?

Last time I checked was yesterday, on a new playthrough, I'll run it again in like 30 minutes and get some screenshots.

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 02, 2017, 03:56:49 PM
Quote from: Weizen1988 on October 02, 2017, 03:21:43 PM

Last time I checked was yesterday, on a new playthrough, I'll run it again in like 30 minutes and get some screenshots.
Im doing same thing and only able to catch petyr. No submods or tweaks, first quest I do straight out the gate, though I do accept the stark mission, then pay off westerlands.

There are also posts about this on the steam forums. same cant capture spies thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/18446744073709551615/1519260397774418955/?appid=48700

Post 22 in the thread is someone with same problem, directed them here.

There should be no difference between Alfred and any other troop. I adjusted Petyr to be knocked unconscious all the time, mainly because everyone complained they kept loosing the quest. Though Alfred has not been touched. As far as the game in concerned he is just another normal troop. I will double check the code though just incase, but if it worked before it should still work now because he has not be touched.

I haven't had time to re-do this sorry guys, I will try and re-do even this evening or tomorrow morning but I've had no problems with this quest before. Will try and re-do with screenshots for tomorrow latest.

Quote from: Produno on October 03, 2017, 06:02:13 PM
There should be no difference between Alfred and any other troop. I adjusted Petyr to be knocked unconscious all the time, mainly because everyone complained they kept loosing the quest. Though Alfred has not been touched. As far as the game in concerned he is just another normal troop. I will double check the code though just incase, but if it worked before it should still work now because he has not be touched.
I just tried again earlier today, same result, can capture petyr, but no al. Moddb version. 2.2. Fresh install. Im not a programmer so this is probably nonsense, but could something else you changed be somehow interacting with alfred?

I can confirm that Alfred seems to be a bit buggy in this one. Usually, you get to capture every troop you knock unconscious, and Alfred was no different. Never was he ever able to escape the clutches of my cold hands to get my rightful bonus book from the spider. Alas, after trying thrice in 2.2, Alfred, who was hit by a heavy mace and knocked out, was never able to get captured.

OK, looking he had the unkillable tag. So I'm guessing that does not work as intended. I have removed this for the next update.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview