Loader
logo

The player met himself

Started by tos1, October 03, 2022, 12:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 03, 2022, 12:22:48 AM Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 12:24:29 AM by tos1 Reason: Added Game versions
It is not reproduced again.
According to my hazy memory, I visited the load's hall of "Hornwood" (a castle, east of "Winterfell") or possibly of neighboring "The Dreadfort". When I exited from the door (not by Tab key but F key in front of the exit), another me (with the same name, face, and equipment) was standing by the door. There was also one or two soldiers next to him.

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
No reproducibility.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband v1.167 downloaded

- Additional information (Screenshots etc):
I should have taken a screenshot.

This normally happens if the passages are not set correctly, ie when exiting through doors. If we know which castle it is i can change the passage to be correct.

October 19, 2022, 05:24:48 PM #2 Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 02:03:09 PM by tos1
I tested door label for F key at many (but not all) locations and found some misconnected doors. (Please note that these occur when the player exits a room using not Tab but F key at the door)

---- 1. Exit of Lord's halls

(1) The room side of the door say "To the town." and it leads to out of the wall. Some door guards, my companions, and the PLAYER CHARACTER stand in line there (i.e. the player met himself):
Torrhens Square

(2) The room side of the door has no label for F key:
Lordsport (city), Stone Hedge, The Eyrie, Starfall, Braavos

(3) The outside of the door has no label for F key:
Dyre Den, Deep Den, Banefort, Castamere, Ironrath, Ninestars, Brightwater Keep, Spottswood, Grandview

(4) Warps to some distance from the door:
Brownhollow, Hayford, Willow Wood, Atranta, Goldgrass, Blackpool, Amberly, Castle Wrath, Parchments, Gates of the Moon, Newkeep, Old Anchor, Gull Tower, Willow Wood, Starpike, King's Landing, Claw Isle

(5) The room side of the door leads to the castle menu:
The Twins

(6) Exits to under-the-ground (below a stair):
Crow's Nest

---- 2. Exit of Inns

(7) The room side of the door has no label for F key:
 The Arbor

---- 3. Others

(8) Label on the room side of the door leads to the land registry:
Peach (Stoney Sept)

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.1, Warband v1.167 downloaded

Edited to add on Qct 20 2022 UTC: "Braavos" to (2), "King's Landing, Claw Isle" to (4).

Perfect, thanks. Ill see if i can fix them all!