Loader
logo

You Win or You Die

Started by King J, June 04, 2017, 02:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been asking for rumours all over westeros but didn't find a way to start this quest. Can someone give me a hint how to start it? thx

hm no, you probably mean the tavern at the arbor, there starts a different quest!?

no ı mean tavern at the oldtown the city you know

July 17, 2017, 10:00:33 PM #4 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:21:01 AM by Uhtred of Bebbanburg
I'm looking for info on this quest. It may start in Oldtown. I'll go there, but for me it started just south of KL when I killed the boar that killed Robert Baratheon.

But there's no information on the quest under the title in my notes so I don't know what to do.

Edit: I went to Oldtown and no one had anything to say about this quest. No idea what's supposed to happen but I guess it's just not a finished quest.

Also, anyone know who Conchoban is? The bards talk about him in relation to "treasures" to be found in the world.

August 04, 2017, 01:20:42 AM #5 Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:56:33 AM by King J
I think conchobar isn't there (yet?).

To the quest: I took a look in the quest file of the mod. After killing the boar you have to go to King's Landing to inform the small council. So I think you have to talk to Littlefinger, Varys or Pycell. Hope it helps you. Was it a special boar herd or do I just have to hunt boars all day? XD

Edit: Before you can kill the boar, I think someone has to tell you that the boar that killed the late king robert is still alive. I definitely read this line before but I have no clue where, so if anyone knows, please let me know

Conchobar is an npc from brytenwalda/Viking Conquest, I suppose this bit of text remained from the code conversion, it's funny!

lol I never played Brytenwalda but there are some more survivors of it in the .txt files, for example the village elder of Llan Forfael ;D

You Win or You Die.

I figured out this quest if anyone is still interested. It's actually quite easy and lucrative.

South, across the river from King's Landing is the Stormlands. In that area of deep woods and hilly terrain are the occasional packs of Wild Boar. Hunt them and kill them. Eventually you may kill a really big boar. When you do you will get a message that states (paraphrasing), "You just killed the Boar that killed Robert Baratheon".

But there is not instructions on what to do with that information.

It took me awhile and a bit of frustration but one time I was in King's Landing and I noticed a new button under "Other Activities". It said, something like "Take Boar's Head to Small Council".

So, I clicked on that and got some renown and some cash and the quest was done.

Easy Peasy.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview