Loader
logo

Runtime error c++ (Game crash when rendering towns, battles or new scenery)

Started by Heaux, October 16, 2017, 05:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
EDIT 2:
Still crashes but what I've done seems to delay the crash

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT 1:
I think I might have found a solution:
https://gyazo.com/e49346124482d0b932897534a9fb73ab
After I ticked all the rendering options off, the load times have been significantly increased in some places BUT no crashes :) Also lowering my res a little bit (from 4k to 1440p) reduces the load times a hella lot so it kinda makes up for it

inb4 my game crashes..
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Problem description: Game crashes when entering towns or battles. Error message: https://gyazo.com/df7e99d81b9231fe857a77971b27dec0

How to reproduce it/when/why it happens: Not sure just seems to happen after I play for awhile but I've been crashing more than ever lately.

Your computer specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x
GPU: 2x Asus Strix GTX 1080 (Doesn't make a difference if I have it on SLI or not)
Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32GB 2400MHz DDR4
Mobo: MSI X399 Gaming Pro

Game version (and if it's steam or downloaded): M&B version: 1.172 and the mod is downloaded through steam

If it's steam, it could've been updating without you noticing.

Version 2.5. came out yesterday. It's not save game compatible.

When have you started your save?

Quote from: Moose on October 16, 2017, 05:47:23 PM
If it's steam, it could've been updating without you noticing.

Version 2.5. came out yesterday. It's not save game compatible.

When have you started your save?

I just downloaded the new update and made an entirely new save, though this "bug" has been happening ever since I downloaded the mod which was way before version 2.0 came out.

Then, uhh... Try turning on "load textures on demand"?

Considering your computer specs, it may not be helpful, but doesn't hurt to try.

Quote from: Moose on October 16, 2017, 06:16:16 PM
Then, uhh... Try turning on "load textures on demand"?

Considering your computer specs, it may not be helpful, but doesn't hurt to try.

Sadly I've already tried that and nothing happens, but thanks anyway :)

I saw somewhere, that ModDB version is more stable than the Steam one, as the latter doesn't allow to upload some files.

Maybe, try that one?

Quote from: Moose on October 16, 2017, 06:26:37 PM
I saw somewhere, that ModDB version is more stable than the Steam one, as the latter doesn't allow to upload some files.

Maybe, try that one?

Hmm, could be an option but wouldn't that mean I'd have to start over again  :(

You could try to download an older version, like 2.0+2.2.

Although, I would recommend starting over on 2.5, as there were some quite important fixes. Once you've figured out the bug. It's the last version before 3.0, so you'll have plenty of time to play it.

October 16, 2017, 06:56:05 PM #8 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:06:16 PM by Heaux
Quote from: Moose on October 16, 2017, 06:34:57 PM
You could try to download an older version, like 2.0+2.2.

Although, I would recommend starting over on 2.5, as there were some quite important fixes. Once you've figured out the bug. It's the last version before 3.0, so you'll have plenty of time to play it.

Could it be my resolution? I'll just test if that's the case but I really doubt it xd

EDIT: still crashes

In afraid that if this has Moose stumped Produno is the only option left... He'll look it over when he gets chance though
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

The problem with warband is it runds on dx9. This is troublesome for new graphics cards like yours. I found it ran better on my 680 than my 980ti.

I certainly wouldn't use sli, this game is no where near designed for that. I would also run it at no more than 1080p resolution.

The main reasons for crashing will be video memory, the bigger textures used the higher the chance of a crash, also the extra video memory in your new cards will not even be used.

So with all this in mind, bigger is not always better. If you want higher res without selecting 4k you could possibly try using a super sampler in your card settings.
You need to think of ways to use your cards processing power rather than using extra memory.

I have a 980ti, 16gb ram, 2700k and i never crash when playing.
I make sure edit mode and cheats are off.
Keep load textures on demand turned to on.
Have all other in game settings set to max.
Keep ragdolls on low or off.

The only times i get crashes is when in edit mode and testimg the mod, or going in and out of locations that require a lot of textures to be loaded in quick succession.

You could also delete your rgl_config file and let it auto regenerate a new one with the default settings.

Also, incase it helps my fps is locked to 60 and turning shadow quality down will certainly help. Lowe quality shadows, smaller textures loaded.

For shadow quality do you use Low or High?  And can you clarify what setting you use for ragdolls, since it's a specific number/unlimited.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview