Loader
logo

Problems with Joining/Recruiting the Free Folk

Started by wmwoods7, October 18, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Good Morning All,

I'm having trouble joining the free folk and every time I talk with Mance Rayder about joining his cause I get taken to a battle preparation screen after accepting his quest.  If I leave and fight the nights watch patrols I find lots of armor but apparently not the kind I need to complete the quest (also as an aside the quest says to look for a crow patrol and all I see are ranger patrols). 

Also I cant recruit from the normal (male) wildling lineup all I get are girls (not that I don't love them spearwives) joining me at every village.  Is this a glitch or do you have to join the free folk to access Raiders/Men?

Sincerely,
The noobiest noob in all Westeros (Pseudolus)

I had that problem too in Beta 7. I don't know if it is still a thing in Beta 8 though. I'll check it out. I got the quest to kill Night's Watch patrols and when I do, I go back to him and he gives me the same quest again.

Right, just tested it and we got a new problem. So, now when you accept Mance's challenge and attack the Night's Watch patrol you tell them you're going to fight they yell for battle and then the battle screen shows up with two options. Leave and change commander. There is no start battle option which means you can't complete the quest and join Mance.

I think if your charcter is injured it will ask you to change commander. Or leave. Of course you cant command a battle if your injured.

December 24, 2015, 12:32:32 AM #5 Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:20:35 PM by Karrade
If this is 'any' ranger party i've killed about 10 by now. Also killed the castle black patrol.

Personally I thought the bug was caused by having positive relations with the nightswatch from handing over prisoners for gold, initially anyway, but you can just keep trying to engage them until relations drop.

Other bugs: You can keep asking mance for the quest so he extends his time

Reloaded a save before all this started and killing a ranger patrol still does nothing, so the joining is broken as far as I can see.

Hey just wondering I've joined the free folk (no problems with the quest) but I still cant find out how to recruit male wildlings? Do I have to own a fief/castle in their initial territory cause I owned castle black and when i got a recruiter to recruit wildlings for me they were still all female.
any help would be appreciated! loving the mod btw :)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview