Loader
logo

Performance issue HELP!

Started by swordofthemorning, July 26, 2017, 09:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 26, 2017, 09:28:58 PM Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:02:51 PM by swordofthemorning
I'm playing version 1.2(i patched 1.3 and 1.32) in warband 1.172,
My laptop's specs are;
Windows 8.1  Intel i5-5200U 2.20 GHz (4CPU)
NVIDIA GeForce 840m (4GB)
8 GB ram
64bit

Im playing game at lowest settings and i've done everything at the ''Why does my game crash or have performance issues?!'' topic
I encounter no problems playing game except in wars...
When the clashing begins my fps flows around 0.20-5.00 (Even if i get away from fight and look away!?)
Please throw some opinions  :'(

I used to have this problem in bigger battles when the parties started fighting eachother. I had this problem in another mod (Perisno) but I think this fix might work equally well for you. WIth the specs I have lag shouldn't be a problem so I knew something was up.

What I had to do was to go to the Mount and Blade Warband folder in your documents folder and within that you should find a file called rgl_config. It might be hidden if you can't find it here. If that's the case you might find luck by searching for it in your windows bar.

When you find the file open it and within navigate until you find this:       render_buffer_size:

This will probably be set to 15 or something of the sort if you haven't mucked about with it before. Try changing it to something arbitrary like 10000. Save and that should work.
I'll paste what was written in another thread concerning render_buffer_size

"The text file does  hold a lot of Warband settings, (including battle size), but I never noticed the render_buffer_size entry.
I am not too sure what the 15 is in actual buffer size, it is very likely a modifier like the battle sizer, (1 = 150), so it would be good if TheAnyKey could play around with it to find a sweet spot. 10,000 may be giving improvement, but if 15 is a modifier, it could be 10,000 is helping but not optimum, maybe take it up in smaller steps in case 10,000 is outside the range of possible buffer size if you see what I mean."

Best of luck to you.

I cannot thank you enough man  :) i was about to accept my fate and delete the game...
I wish you good fortune in your life  :)

Question for mods: Should i close the topic or leave it just in case someone else faces the same problem?

Cool! I'll try that myself incrementing troops until I see lag and see if that makes make game smoother with more people fighting. I took a look at official forums and looks like the best value is putting half your gpu memory, I'll test that and write a chapter in the post about performance.

Good find, count me interested. If good results are had then i shall update the performance post.

I read a few topics on reddit and official forums, it's not clear what the render_buffer_size does but all agree increasing it improves performance and I've been using it too for some time. However setting it to 10000 might be overkill. Some say it should be 512 if your ram is over 4gb and 256 for 2gb, others say you should set it yo half your Vram value.
However all this allocated memory increase might not help much with big mods unless you use an external program called "Large Address Aware.exe" (google it) to tweak the game executable into using more then 2gb of memory since a 32bit program by default is usually locked at 2gb.
Also for people that plan to have battle sizes bigger then 300 it helps to disable kill messages and other stuff that gets displayed during the battle, they seem to lag a lot in big battles and disabling improves fps.

I also tried it and it worked fine for me. Didn't notice a real difference between putting it up to 150, 1.500, and 15.000 though

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview