Loader
logo

Money

Started by eat-meat, April 30, 2016, 10:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a question, how to get money to support a large army
When i start the game i slowley buy and sell cattle, attack lotters and bandist... to get some money to buy myself and companions good armor and weapons and to build and upgrade my company.
So than i join a fraction and start bigger fights against enemy lords but to fight tmem i need some 100-150 man company and these cost like 2000-5000 a week and if i calculate all the costs of upgrades and replacements of my fallen soldiers, i neew some 10.000 a week.

Now if i raid villages a lot and fight a lot of toornamenst and not so much the enemy i manage to get these sum. but if i want to get a castle or a town i need 250 soldiers to hold it and these is too much for my pocket.
in 8.0 there were battle throphies ant they were a good income for experiance and cash. now with no more battle throphies i cant afford a large army, or a town and after 1000 days no money to buy a valerian steel sward...

do you have any tips how to make money?
will trophies come back?
how does buy land in towns work do they generate money?

I'd suggest taking a side. If you become a lord or a mercenary, then you should have the payment you are seeking. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you want to make it on your own without an overlord. If that's the case, you should note one thing: keeping an army without a fief or a mercenary payment is hard. Otherwise, it would be quite unrealistic. If you take  side, even temporarily, play until you become strong enough, and then detach from the side and make your own kingdom, you should find making money a lot easier.

At the beginning of the game, looting is a good way to make money, and there's also trading. If you have good enough trading or looting skills try use them. For looting, you know what you have to do :) ... as for trading, try going to towns and assessing local prices in the market. This will find you worthy deals(buying in the town you are and selling someplace else), with the level of success depending on your trading skill level.

Now for your other questions: Produno told me some time ago that the trophies still exist, only they are now a lot less common, and if I remember what he told me correctly, only high ranked lords drop them.

as for buying land, I only used that feature once, and it was a long time ago, so I don't remember any details about it at all. Will post them here after I check, most probably before tomorrow evening.

May 07, 2016, 07:07:01 PM #2 Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:11:20 PM by Inquisitor956
Quote from: ZeR0W1 on May 06, 2016, 10:57:35 PM
I'd suggest taking a side. If you become a lord or a mercenary, then you should have the payment you are seeking. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you want to make it on your own without an overlord. If that's the case, you should note one thing: keeping an army without a fief or a mercenary payment is hard. Otherwise, it would be quite unrealistic. If you take  side, even temporarily, play until you become strong enough, and then detach from the side and make your own kingdom, you should find making money a lot easier.

At the beginning of the game, looting is a good way to make money, and there's also trading. If you have good enough trading or looting skills try use them. For looting, you know what you have to do :) ... as for trading, try going to towns and assessing local prices in the market. This will find you worthy deals(buying in the town you are and selling someplace else), with the level of success depending on your trading skill level.

Now for your other questions: Produno told me some time ago that the trophies still exist, only they are now a lot less common, and if I remember what he told me correctly, only high ranked lords drop them.

as for buying land, I only used that feature once, and it was a long time ago, so I don't remember any details about it at all. Will post them here after I check, most probably before tomorrow evening.

The more I play the mod the more I agree with him. The mod needs some balancing with currency. Going on your own in the beginning is very difficult due to lack of money to support troops, but even being given lands by a king makes it really difficult and at times even worse. Taxes are not guaranteed and I have had situations where I didn't get paid 3 consecutive weeks in a row. Combine this with high troop wages, low income from enterprises (seriously, the only worthwhile one is the weaver from Silk and Dye which nets you between 500-700 a week which is only enough to support about 20 men, the others are either negative values or only 50-70 stags in profits), buying food and equipment, recruiting more men from losses, upgrading men, etc.

On average I only get about 1,500 stags from White Harbor (considering I'm lucky enough to get both taxes and tariffs) which is the richest city in the North (prosperity is very rich as well as its village White Knife) and that is nowhere near enough to support a decent garrison to defend the fief as well as maintaining a force for when the Marshall call to arms. It would help if the income from buying lands was automatically added to the treasury/inventory but you have to go into the town yourself in order to collect it. Not to mention that the costs of an acre are really high, so you won't see profits from buying land for about 4-6 months in-game. It would have worked fine if the income from land was weekly instead of bi-weekly. In my best save, I own White Harbor, White Knife, Casterly Rock, Kayce, Hammerhorn and Hearts Home. That should sound like a decent enough amount of fiefs with enough income, right? Nope! White Harbor has a garrison of about 150 men, the castles only have the prisoners I rescued from them (which is about 10-40 men) and Kayce has 9 men, 7 of which are septons. I have a main force of 150 soldiers and even with enterprises in most towns in the North, Riverlands and Stormlands as well as owning most of the land in my cities, I still lose about 4000 stags a week.

Tournaments are the only reliable source for income to support an army and start enterprises. The best you can do at the beginning is to borrow some money (NEVER borrow the max amount, or you'll have a hard time paying it back if you want to have some soldiers) and bet the money in tournaments and pay back immediately if you win. And I think Produno did indeed remove trophies. I am currently playing two saves, one of which already has about 400 in-game days, and in which I defeated the Iron Islands and the Westerlands with the Vale well underway and not once have I received a trophy. I helped Howland Reed and Barbrey Dustin defend Sisterton against the entire army of the Vale (3,000 men) and didn't get anything. I took most lords as prisoners too! If he didn't remove them, then he severely reduced the drop chance to where you can probably only get one trophy per game.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you lose money very easily. From either an event, getting captured, etc. That doesn't help at all and just makes the most really difficult. I don't mind it too much because it gives more of a challenge, but it doesn't make sense that a lord of a single village can maintain an army 3 times larger than my own just fine, while I own 2 cities, 3 castles and a village.

not sure which town pays the most, but if you want an army do trade from white harbor, buy furs 39-110s sell to gulltown maidenpool lord harroways etc those towns in midsection. for 550-800s. save up 75k buy 100 peasants to take the trip to qohor and buy the unsullied. theyre expensive but theyre the best foot troops. and they have practically 0 salary.. you can build a 1000man army at 0 silver maintenance.. only way to go. plus theyre the best to defend town with if you fight with them.. and make sure you have (thoros of myr) for 8 surgery,a nd keep up leader healing skill. i once took 80 sullied to a 400 freefolk base and only 20 died.. theyre op.

Guys this could be a late respond but you may think about slavery. Well, actually I haven't play this mod for several months but when I was playing, I was very rich. First thing is going essos because in westeros there is no slave traders and this makes everything hard in westeros. Before going there, do not forget the get a decent army. 30 men would be enough. After that you will get slavers to your army from dothrakis. When you go there you will see that dothraki's slaves are usually slavers and then you have to defeat them and take slavers in your army.After that things will be easy. Near pentos there is an exiled knight camp. After that, all you have to do is attacking exiled knight grups, make them slave and sell them in volantis or the cities near volantis.

Do not attack the camp. I don't know what would happen if we attack there but the best thing is not attacking.

And one more thing which is very important. This will take time and while this time you may miss the events on westeros.When ı was playing, The Night Watch eliminated by Free Folk and ı couldn't finish the scenario. This was the reason why ı stop playing.

Have fun and sorry for bad english :)

All you gotta do is go to essos and let the dothraki raiders hunt you, then choose the ambush defence and keep your shield up (Bring several) The horse archers will always go around you and eventually end up in the water and drown quick. You can with ease take out 50 raiders and get 5 - 7k each time pluss loot. 48k in just 4 battles. Easy money :)

June 28, 2018, 06:36:30 PM #6 Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:38:51 PM by Heaux
If you want to become rich fast just use my method :)

Character creation
Pick all the following options:
Pick Ironborn (So your army doesn't lose morale when sailing, though isn't necessary)
Father: Merchant
Childhood: Merchant's Apprentice
Vocation: Merchant
The Rest is up to you, how you spend your skill points doesn't really matter since you are already, 6-7 in trading, 4-5 in persuading and 3-4 in pathfinding.

In-game
Run straight to Winterfell (Remember to visit The Old Stone bridge to get free XP and to visit The Crossroads inn and get Sir Janis Lyren to join your army)
Once you arrive at Winterfell sell your goods that you start with, and buy furs (furs will get even cheaper as you progress) Once you have bought a small number of furs you go to Fairmarket and Riverrun to sell your furs, afterwards you buy salt and sell it to Winterfell. (Continue this route until you'll have money in no time)
You can develop this trading route by Buying furs at Castle Black, Winterfell and Barrowton, sell the furs at Fairmarket and Riverrun, buy salt and sell that at Lannisport and Kayce, once you've sold your salt buy Iron and stone from both Lannisport and Kayce (Iron and stone can literally be sold anywhere for a good price) Continue this route and you'll be the richest man known to mankind

EDIT: About the ship, sail to Essos and rebuild the ruined-Castle, this should supply you with enough stags to manage the up-keep for your troops (Assuming you don't have the largest army with you on your merchant routes)

Quote from: Heaux on June 28, 2018, 06:36:30 PM
If you want to become rich fast just use my method :)

Character creation
Pick all the following options:
Pick Ironborn (So your army doesn't lose morale when sailing, though isn't necessary)
Father: Merchant
Childhood: Merchant's Apprentice
Vocation: Merchant
The Rest is up to you, how you spend your skill points doesn't really matter since you are already, 6-7 in trading, 4-5 in persuading and 3-4 in pathfinding.

In-game
Run straight to Winterfell (Remember to visit The Old Stone bridge to get free XP and to visit The Crossroads inn and get Sir Janis Lyren to join your army)
Once you arrive at Winterfell sell your goods that you start with, and buy furs (furs will get even cheaper as you progress) Once you have bought a small number of furs you go to Fairmarket and Riverrun to sell your furs, afterwards you buy salt and sell it to Winterfell. (Continue this route until you'll have money in no time)
You can develop this trading route by Buying furs at Castle Black, Winterfell and Barrowton, sell the furs at Fairmarket and Riverrun, buy salt and sell that at Lannisport and Kayce, once you've sold your salt buy Iron and stone from both Lannisport and Kayce (Iron and stone can literally be sold anywhere for a good price) Continue this route and you'll be the richest man known to mankind

EDIT: About the ship, sail to Essos and rebuild the ruined-Castle, this should supply you with enough stags to manage the up-keep for your troops (Assuming you don't have the largest army with you on your merchant routes)

U can sail from White Harbour to Maidenpool cheap to be a bit more save while travelling with all that cargo...

Also giving your prisoners to gold mine from time to time can help
Valar issi Targaryen.

What the hell is up with the "tresury" ?? i have like hella much money there? how do i acces it? it feels like the tresuary is steeling money from me all the fukin time! please gmail me at rubendahle1234@gmail.com or answer here? its super annonying with the tresuary steeling my money. is it like a tax to the faction i am have joined?

Quote from: NotAfeggitNorwaySS on September 07, 2018, 06:03:01 PM
What the hell is up with the "tresury" ?? i have like hella much money there? how do i acces it? it feels like the tresuary is steeling money from me all the fukin time! please gmail me at rubendahle1234@gmail.com or answer here? its super annonying with the tresuary steeling my money. is it like a tax to the faction i am have joined?
lol, you probably have a village that you own. Go to that village, talk to whoever works for you, and you should be able to access that money. Treasury is essentially your personal bank.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview