Loader
logo

Companions Dying?

Started by Sabbthiel, November 27, 2015, 06:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have been having an issue where my companions get (killed or seriously injured) in fights and then seem to be perma-dead.  I cannot find them in taverns or ask for their whereabouts.  Is this a game feature or a bug?  Is there a way to turn this feature off?

There are so few companions in this mod that losing one (or all of them as has happened during particularly tight battles) is a major set back that can be hard to recover from (especially when you lose your healer).

Its a bug followed from Brytenwalda. They also have the same bug. I'm trying to find the problem but its not an easy fix.

Check the brytenwalda forums for more info.

i have the same problem

is changing the troops with troop editor helping? like explained in these topic: http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?topic=27078.0

also my problems

i dont understand the battle wound system. In the game i found that if you get knocked unconscious, there is 70% chance nothing happens, 20% light and 10% hard wound. I suppose these mean you lose agility, athletics, strength... and you have to rest for 30 days to recover.
so my problem is i often lose athletics and power strike in battle without getting unconscious if i get hit only once for 5-10 hp.
is this normal or is it a bug? And if i with a wound (red number in character window) join a lord as a part of his army, my stats change back to full and the moment i leave it goes back to wounded.

So because i dont want to wait for a mont after every battle i get wounded is there a way to disable wounds for my caracter only. I am learning these troop editor but cand find wounds section, just unkillable section. Is these ivn posible? how can i change it? any other advise?

Quote from: Produno on November 27, 2015, 11:18:44 AM
Its a bug followed from Brytenwalda. They also have the same bug. I'm trying to find the problem but its not an easy fix.

Check the brytenwalda forums for more info.

Thanks for the response Produno, and for the awesome mod. Hopefully it can get figured out.  I have started assigning my companions to a "rear guard" group and telling them to stay put during each battle.  Kinda lame for the fighter builds but in the early game there is just no way to keep these guys alive.

Just so you are aware. They don't die permanently and they will eventually make there way back to your party. Though the results are somewhat irregular.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview