Loader
logo

Can't load last save without crashing

Started by TheDoctor236, September 24, 2017, 06:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, directly after the update on steam when i tried to load my last save; the game crashed and left me with the error message, "Load error: Number of simple trigger in file 194, exceeds 192." Is there a way to revert to the last version from steam or can i edit the save file in some way to be able to continue playing?

Having this problem too. I'm guessing this is a new "better" update that is meant to fix something, but actually broke everything...

Seriously, guys?

are you guys for real? In Mount and blade mods, when a different numbered version comes out, it isn't save game compatible. you have to make a new game. if it is save game compatible, it is referred to as a patch. This is a new version. last one was 1.3, this is 2.0, why would you be able to reload you old saves?

Seriously guys?

With no option to opt out of an update so I don't lose my save game?

Thats not even possible with mods on steam.

I think you are forgetting this is just a mod of a game, not an actual game.

m getting a error code now everytime i try to open my saved game im 182 days in wtf... i didnt download any update?? Is there a way to get my saved games back?? and if not how can i make sure this doesnt happena agin?? Error code was Load error: number of simple triggers in file194, exceeds 192 HELP PLZ  Is there something I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again next update

Quote from: Produno on September 25, 2017, 05:29:57 AM

Oh, that makes it ok, then...  ::)

getting exactly the same thing have backed up games tried deleting and reloading programme still no go was 420 days in with some substantial holdings not amused but cant find a solution whatever I do it crashes with file 194 quote

September 25, 2017, 05:16:48 PM #8 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:20:16 PM by Produno
Quote from: tom collins on September 25, 2017, 04:53:41 PM
Quote from: Produno on September 25, 2017, 05:29:57 AM

Oh, that makes it ok, then...  ::)

So what do you suggest? Never update the mod on steam just because you want to carry on with your old save?

If you are that bothered you will have to download it manually from MoDB and play it out of steam.

Quote from: Dom10mdw on September 25, 2017, 05:34:27 AM
m getting a error code now everytime i try to open my saved game im 182 days in wtf... i didnt download any update?? Is there a way to get my saved games back?? and if not how can i make sure this doesnt happena agin?? Error code was Load error: number of simple triggers in file194, exceeds 192 HELP PLZ  Is there something I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again next update

Unsubscribe I guess. I'm not sure. This is probably why most Warband mod developers choose not to publish on steam.

As said above, you could just use the ModDB download instead. Everything is manual then, no auto updates.

Not saying to never update -- but this method makes it impossible to play a long-term game without it being wiped overnight.

Surely you can't expect people to  not be frustrated by this.

What method do you suggest i use?
The mod is also on moddb to allow you manual downloads. If you dont want your updates to auto update then either use that or make sure you turn auto update off on steam.

Quote from: Bryan on September 26, 2017, 06:07:12 PM
I lost mine too. I'll try to download from ModDB then :(

I would strongly suggest playing the current version. I know its a pain starting again but that's just how warband modding works but the update does add quite alot and fixes a large number of things.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview