Loader
logo

V0.6.0 Release Update

Started by Produno, September 19, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Heres the news ive posted on Moddb - still awaiting authorisation.

I just want to make people aware that not all bugs are rectified yet.  This is a test only version. I could however quite easily keep it back for another month or two ;).

So, i promised a release today, so i will upload the mod very shortly. Before i begin i want to say the module does still have bugs that im currently actively working on. One specific bug i ve been trying to narrow down for the past two days, hence why im running a little late.

This version is the (Tick). Meaning alot of features and content has been added. I have not had the time to fully bug test or play through the game (hence the reason this latest bug appeared, i will explain more below).

The next update or hotfix if you like will be the (Tock). Meaning hopefully you guys and gals will post any bugs you find to my forums and i can fix them for the next update (hopefully just a couple of weeks). I will also add anything else i havnt had the time to add and i will flesh out some of the new features once feedback has been submitted.

So, if you dont want a buggy experience then WAIT AND DONT DOWNLOAD the mod until after the hotfix. Though if you want to try out the mod and see how far weve came and want to post bugs etc then please download and start testing.

Again THIS VERSION IS JUST FOR BUG TESTING. GAME BREAKING BUGS MAY STILL BE PRESENT.

Well now we have that out the way :).

Most notable features i posted in the last update. So i will give a quick rundown here and post the current changelog. Please note the changelog does NOT show everything changed, only the larger parts that was changed.

Changed all the books to reflect books in ASoIaF.
Changed all the poems to reflect poems in ASoIaF.
Added the rest of the villages/castles/towns to Westeros. Around 100ish in total. - Essos will come later.
Bounded every village to a town or castle.
Changed alot of clothing, weapons and armours for npcs etc.
Started adding new NPC's to different locations.
More map changes to accommodate for the vast number of extra locations.
Adjustments made to tourny items.
Added Ai mesh to various scenes that needed them.
Changed most menu pictures to native and rescaled them. So no more obscured text.
Added Obsidian weapons.
Added a few more Valyrian weapons.
Added Ice weapons.
Added new weapons for Dorne.
Added The Windblown Merc party.
Added special village recruit to the Iron Islands.
Added special village recruit to the Vale.
Made village icons plus other various map icons smaller.
Changed quite  a few scenes to be more lore friendly.
Added the Twins scene made by MichaelEssien
Added new greyjoy armours by cghopk
Removed alot of armours/weapons/items etc that dont fit the setting.
Added Thenn guards to the Thenn settlement.
Added Thenn troops to Styr Magnar's army.
Started making and adding new map icons. - Still more to be changed.
Added The Bloody Gate scene made by dykjozo
As requested changed face meshes plus textures, beards and hair.
Added Correct Unsullied armour and helmet.
Changed weapon breakage to be on all the time (cannot be altered) Though Valyrian weapons wont break.
Changed a few other realism settings to be on all the time, ie heavy armour penalties.
Changed the font to something that doesnt just consist of capital letters.
Added some Heraldic armours back in.
Changed a few sounds.
Removed Bells and Wolf howl sounds from day and night change.
Added Thelonewolf1's map icons.
Changed some textures on the world map and in scenes. Also removed alot of redundant textures or resized/compressed some.
Added Heraldry pictures created by Art of Justice.
Changed main menu screen.
Added the KingsGuard to whom ever owns Kings Landing.
Added Brothels to some towns.
Changed starting location and story.
changed menus and ui slightly.
Added Varys questline and Invasion by Lumos.
Added the ability to hire Red Priests, followers of the Old Gods and Drowned Men at your outpost as well as the Septon.
Added more lore specific items.
Added Lumos' changes to the freelancer nights watch and wildlings.
Added Lumos' other nights watch changes - Wandering crow parties etc.   - these need playing out and testing for balance issues.
You can now recruit Sellsword Companies that roam the map, ie The Windblown. Or fight them if you prefer. More will be added once full testing has been done.
The leader of your sellsword company can be given men to create a new party and given orders.
Started adding recruiters to certain towns for the special recruitment feature.
Updated ingame credits.
Removed the extra port scenes from port towns. All ports will be shown in the main scene, so no need for the extra ones.
Added alot of new armours and weapons.

A new feature i thinks worth mentioning is the ability to hire special units in towns from the Master at Arms of the town. Ive only added a couple ingame for now, if feedback is good i will add more for the next hotfix.
If you are the current lord of the town you can speak to the Master at Arms and he will train you some troops. The troops are the faction special troops and relate to the town. It takes time and money to train and equip the soldiers so dont expect them straight away, and remember, these are elite troops so dont expect to mass a big army of them very easily.

What im hoping to complete for the very near future, either for the hotfix or for the next full release.

Obviously the current bugs are a priority!
Face codes are another priority of mine, so i will get to work on these soon.
We have a few 3d modelers now working on map icons, so all locations ingame shall soon have their own unique map icon.
All features recently added will be made better.
I have around 10 companions ready to include.
Finish the transition from Brytenwalda to ASOIAF. Theres not much left, but still bits and bobs if you dis-regard the scenes.
Re-work the White Walkers, unfortunately i opted to leave them out for now. The textures need a re-work and the code needs some work to be as intended. Once everything else on the list os complete, this will be next.

Current known bugs.

After a few ingame days your troop wages will increase, though this has zero effect on your money outgoings. You will also be spammed with spy report messages after you own a location.
Again ive not played enough to see what effect it has if any. Though im working hard to find the bug and hopefully you guys can help by playing and giving me more info.

Not all map icons are changed.
Not all scenes are changed.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview