Loader
logo

Regularly losing -6 relationship with some of my lords (they have fiefs)

Started by lefiath, January 28, 2018, 03:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Another disaster has struck my kingdom and it(s really making me consider finally putting this mod to rest for now - I have aquired few lords, and made few of my companions lords as well - obviously, I gave all of them a fief or two. However, now I'm losing -6 relationship with most of them (not all) every now and then. So far, it has happened three times and I don't know what the hell is causing that. It looks like the message you normally get when a lord doesn't have any fiefs in regular Warband. And of course, I have no idea what's causing that, and if I can do something about it. Any advices?

Example: https://i.imgur.com/8a3QImn.jpg

Absolutely not, this just happens on it's own, regularly, like I've said, it looks similar to how I remember it looked when you had a lord without fief, they would regularly get angry at you.

Most of the lords are honorable, so when I give out fiefs, only one of them gets mad I believe - it's not related to that.

I'm seeing this too, but opposite. I think it's about once a month or so. I'm actually gaining 4 relationship with them (two of +2 to be exact), not sure if all or most. Including lords that aren't honorable. It just happens along with other end-of-day stuff like training exp, etc.

I don't really know what's making them have better or worse opinion of me.

Fief doesn't seem to be it. Even a lord who had no fief had +4 relationship given.

edit: For reference: https://imgur.com/8rWSR9q

Hah, I wish that was happening to me - yeah, it seems like it's happening every month or so. Well, that's the last straw for me for this mod. I've spend over 50 hours playing it so far, but having most of my subjects not so slowly turned against me when I can't find out how to counter that (talking to them gives me no options, or any indications what could be wrong) is more than I can stomach. I'm guessing it's another incompatibility nonsense similar to the religion, it's clearly something these lords dislike about me, but the mod won't tell me and I can't be bothered to edit my save files to change their approval of me, that's not reasonable, and neither is having to pick up lords until I find someone who miraculously doesn't have a problem with me. I do like the mod despite it's difficulty, but it could do without bombs like this. At some point, it's just too much and it's not worth my time.

It also happens here, bur not with everyone... I think each lord has his satisfaction limit about number of fiefs, or maybe the more unassigned stuff you have, the more mad they become, or if you leave too much for yourself... It was never + for me, though...
Anyway, there's simple way to counter it - use a hoe) The married one I mean ;-)

It's possible that it's the amout of unassigned fiefs, the number is red (15), although that might just be cosmetic, if I remember correctly, the amout of injured friendly units is red as well. However, it would be nice if there was a way to tell - adding these features doesn't make the game any more realistic if the people aren't acting like in reality - when you piss someone off, you have many ways to find out why, and you don't have to be a monarch to do so :) In the mod unfortunately, it turns it into a game of Chinese whispers, where you can only keep guessing if something you'll do will appease the unsatisfied.

What are your domestic policies? If you have it set where sworn lords don't have as much power/autonomy they don't like it whereas if you give them more power you get small pluses once in awhile.

Im with Owain on this one. Usually your domestic policy gives huge factor on your lords relationsip. It happens monthly though. I've set my domestic policy by providing the nobles more power and every month I get +4 relationship with them regardless of their personality and the number of unassigned fiefs. Also including how many fiefs and type of fief they have.

Quote from: Owain on February 02, 2018, 06:08:27 PM
What are your domestic policies? If you have it set where sworn lords don't have as much power/autonomy they don't like it whereas if you give them more power you get small pluses once in awhile.
This (I'm sure) + Unassigned fiefs (not so sure)

Many of these effects come from Diplomacy mod, and within Diplomacy mod one had to be strategic as to how they managed their kingdom/lords. Given you have a source of free honor by selling prisoners to the night's watch + properly sharing loot and burning corpses, even with the relation hits it's possiblle to counter it by skyrocketing honor through those option alone. Otherwise, you have to grind quests for lords as often as possible. I'd also not recommend any lords that are not good-natured/upstanding due to how cumbersome it is to manage any other personalities.

In diplomacy, though, the best strategy was to have a permanent marshal by having a single Marshal personality lord so that guy would make proper campaigns while you are not "marshaling" yourself. But said single marshal lord requires constant baby-sitting and relation management, if you don't do it properly you'll lose said lord quite easily, and some fiefs along with him/her

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview