Loader
logo

Personal Review

Started by Lukaman2, July 09, 2014, 03:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello,my name(real name) is Luka,i had my eye on this mod for a bit,i have read most of the comments in the forums,and i have started playing this game before 2 weeks.I have just registered,and i wanted tomake a review of the mod in my opinion,and what have i done.

Cheats used:Teleporting(Because i don't want to travel whole day from Pyke to Qohor....)
                     Money(I used it once because i was incredibly low in cash and i wanted to skip the arena battles,i took 5000 stags)

Note:I haven't watched or read the game of thrones books or series.
         I aren't from an English speaking country,so sorry for my bad grammar.
         This is my first mod Review,so don't be mad if i didn't say anything which i should have.

When i first turned the mod and got into the game,i saw the loading screen,the loading screen was very well done,high resolution and the hilt of a sword in the T of game of thrones was very creative,and i liked the loading screen very much.When it loaded it opened up the main menu,the main menu was also very well decorated.I choose new game imeadiatly,there were 2 options at the start,Review(or something like that) and go to Character Creation,i chosen Review,then there appeared a beautifull map of the whole of Essos and Westeros,i was astonished how well it was done,and i thought(Hoped) that the in game map would be like that.Then they gave me a great intro about the time line of the mod,it was very well done,very good artistics and i liked the intro a lot!I then choose character creation,i was suprised when i saw that there are more options than in vanilla,because most mods leave that be.I chose to be a high northerman,my father to be a personal retainer,in my childhood i was a page at a nobleman's court and i was a retainer later when i grow up,I went on adventuring for personal revenge.I chosen a face for the character and named him Delori Vaxari.The faces weren't special,and in my opinion i didn't like most of them.They were mostly vanilla faces,and i hate vanilla faces!But there were a few good ones,i have noticed a lot of nasty injuries and tatoes on the faces,but i wanted a pretty face,and there wasn't many pretty faces.I have chosen my attributes and i have set down to my adventures.I was dissapointed to see that you can only start in Winterfell,but oh well.I fought against the bandit and of course i defeted him(But i hate javelins -.-)I liked that the merchant had a unique dialogue.

When the game first started i took a look at the map.The map was very big,but not as big as i thought,and some locations were of(Cerwyn is closer to Winterfell),there were very little locations,and it was very disperse and empty,some bridges were very off,and i was dissapointed for it not having the eastern part of Essos.But i expected a disperse and empty map for alpha,but from the forums i expected there to be also easten Essos.I entered Winterfell,.i was suprised to see all of the options,i looked into the options,and i liked what they have done,it was very well done and good mods were used for this.I entered the city,the city was very big,well done and i already imagined a giant siege in it,i loved it.I then went to the neibhoring 2 villages and took some volonters,i took 3 northern clansmamn and 5 northern peasants,i was suprised how various villages have different recruits,i looked at their stats,and i thought that the clansman were OP,and i felt weak.I also noticed my first bug,some parties where traveling by boats on land.I saved the game then(Remember this for later...)I hunted looters and i have gotten around 1000 stags,i liked the after battle options,i always chosed the top option(call me goody-toeshoes  :) ),i took more peasents and clansmans in my party,till i didn't have around 30 units.I have gotten my first recruit,and i was very proud because of it.I also took some rogues from the nights watch,,oh and also i was very happy to see the land of the wildlings and the wall being explorable,because i didn't expect that.I continued to tack some bandits and looters for about an hour,i had 3k stags now and 35 soldiers,i leveled up 2 times.And i noticed an another bug,when i am atacked by bandits in Winterfell 1 bandit is easily seen and killed,while the second one has to be hunted down through the whole city.I then went to the Riverlands,to the most northern village,i spoke with the village elder and i took my first mission,it was a training mission.trained the peasants,and i also noticed something,that the fences can be destroyed,that was very good in my opinion,but the falling animation was bad for me,and it should stay on the ground,not disapear.The peaseants were being spawned in the center of the village while i was spawned in the far end,and the training took a lot longer because of that.After the training the bandits attacked,i defeated the bandits.I gained a level as well and i went to the character screen to level up,now i didn't have a face and a name,i typed the same name again and i clicked return,but instead of returning it sent me to the Intro,but because i already had a character build i couldn't go back,and i was stuck in the intro,i had to restart the computer and restart the game from my last save,which was at the start,i was very enraged because of that.I then went to King robb stark and enlisted in his army,the King didn't like to go away from Winterfell and i saw little fighting.I was 2 days(IRL) in the army,i leveled up,and i saw battle 3 times,all were very large battles.But i couldn't have been promoted beyond recruit,and it said: "Your arm is to weak to advance further into the artillery",even know i had 15 str and 9 agi.I left the army and i had 13k stags,i started recruiting a lot of soldiers and companions and bought a horse and a new weapon.I fought for 12 hours against bandits and looters,i have gooten a lot of money and soldiers,i leveled up to level 19,had 15k stags and had 60 soldiers,who were mostly elite,i started to like the vale,north,westerlands,the reach and dorne soldiers.The dornish had very good spearmen,the north had good household guards,the reach had great cavalry and infantry,the same had the vale,the westerlands had great crosbowman and arbalests.I started going to competitions,i used the teleport cheat and i haven't missed a single tournement,,i have done that for a week in real life.I have leveld to level 39,had 61k stags,700 renown and 60 soldiers.I then started recruiting soldiers and training them,i noticed that the free cities had great archers and the ironborn great infantry.I trained my soldiers by battling againsts raiders,pirates,bandits and mostly high tier enemies,i hunted,and killed only 1 deer,the animals were made very well and i liked it.I then went to the wildlings(Who conquered the nights watch) and sieged 1 castle,then while i was sieging i was atacked by a huge amount of wildlings(1700) while i had around 200 soldiers,the battle was epic,after the third battle i retreated,we killed around 500 of the enemy,while they killed around 60 of ours and wounded 100,I noticed the wildlings had giants,and i was scared of their army.I rebuilded the army and then i atacked then i besieged the castle again.i was again atacked,but this time by a smaller army(1070),after 7 battles i actually won,but with great losses,he didn't have any giants.I gain rebuilded my army,but now i had around 300 soldiers,i besieged the castle again,this time they didn't atack me and i conquered the castle,i also noticed that the reach and vale riders dont have horses and that the vale mounted units have a helmet bug(Their helmet spins around them).I had to choose the banners,there were little banners(Only 3 pages),but they were mostly well done and i chose a dragon with a blue background.Suddenly every nation declared war on the wildlings and me,after i conquered Thyyn,every nation suddenly liked me with 100 relation,other than the wildlings.I went to Qohor and visited cersei(Steak is the way to a womans heart  ;) ).

I like the mod,and i will continue playing,the mod isn't finished yet and some things i didn't like(little and disperse locations,King's landing being smaller than Winterfell....) but the mod is still in develepment and i like it,remember this is all in my opinion,and you don't have to like or hate the game.

Thanks for the indepth story review, i enjoyed the read :).

The few bugs you mentioned i will still on the list to do. You should also check out the changelog preview for the next release, it sounds like you may be pleased with it ;).

Yes i liked it,and i will continue playing it,i must say you have done a very good job,and i like also that you are reading the comments,i will continue playing the game,and will report any more bugs i come into.Thanks for the good mod!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview