Loader
logo

Moddb Reviews

Started by Produno, September 04, 2014, 04:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Due to the nature of the Moddb reviews section and how it works, its easy for people to sign up with a fake/new account and post obscenities without anyone being able to reply or defend themselves against such accusations.
Luckily for me i have these forums to do so and one particular review slightly annoyed me, so ive decided to do just that. Can i also point out, to review a mod with a fake account on a review page to which you know you cannot be replied to, is pretty cowardly. Anyone is welcome on these forums to discuss any matter at all related to the mod.

So if the person who wrote the review happens to see this, then please read carefully.

Quote from: Cowardly reviewer
No clue of the original setting, terrible modelling,

Some of the models in the mod are actually some of the best made for warband. Maybe you could point out which models in particular?

unfitting unit design,

The mod and units are based off of the HBO show, so please take this up with them.

poor sense of geography, broken and half-assed or at times outright mistaken location design,

The locations are from the OFFICIAL map, so they are 100% correct. Im afraid your sources must be incorrect.

attempts to make a late chivalric world into a dark age world by reason of "I copped out brytenwalda for it because it's cooler"

I have no idea what your trying to say here. Though im guessing its because ive used Brytenwalda as a base for the mod. But then that has nothing to do with that your mentioning here. Maybe you can elaborate?

despite inconsistencies, main author has no concept of capitalization, punctuation, grammar

I cant argue with this, im not a grammar teacher neither do i excel in grammar. Though your grammar whilst writing this review is pretty terrible. So your hardly one to criticize.

or human decency,

This though i do not agree with. Please show me instances where i havnt been kind or respectful to others?

and is also actively trying to defame other mod creators by misusing a quote from a moddb admin,

I posted a reply from a moddb moderator. Its up to others to decide for themselves.

and most of all, it's years from a beta stage.

Yes well done. That's why it has a big tag on it saying ALPHA....

This is not a mod, people. This is a vague idea of the skeleton of how a mod might look before real effort is expended and before the author even bothers to read the original source material.

Again.. The mod is based off of the HBO show first and formost, so why would i need to read the original material?

Worst of all, it's being made by a person actively seeking to damage competent modders.

Please tell me these competent modders im actively seeking to damage?

Also, stop spamming "lol cozur is dick amirite" nonsense on M&BG, produno. It's shallow, petty and embarrassing.

Can anyone tell me what M&BG actually is?? If i have something to say about someone i post it where they are able to reply, so whomever this person is, it is not me. I would also like to see what it is your actually talking about.

I appologise to everyone else that has to read this constant barrage of garbage. Its lame and tiring and i would much prefer if i was left alone to work on this mod rather than having to constantly feel like i have to defend myself or others working with me because of morons posting rubbish or dishing out accusations.

September 04, 2014, 05:09:23 PM #1 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:12:55 PM by Oliver Qvist
Well, this guy clearly knows about your "events" with Cozur.

It sounds like a troll review, and it also "clearly" comes from someone who hates you,
I'd say it's Clash of Kings fan, I'd say it's one of Cozurs friends or yet again Cozur himself.

It's so pathetic. He doesn't even provide any constructive criticism, all negative.
This is just another useless review from another useless hater, nothing to worry about.

Don't forget that we have a lot of people on our side too Produno. Cozur doesn't have enough
friends to be able to effectivley damage the mod lol  ;D

Thats good to hear coming from someone on the team :). I would hate for all the negativity to drive people away or make them loose interest. Thats the most frustrating thing. They can call me all the names they like, that doesnt really bother me, but if it hurts the mod, that not only i have put hours into but also others have, thats what i dont like.

September 04, 2014, 06:45:48 PM #3 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:49:20 PM by Snuff_The_Rooster
M&B G would most likely be the 4chan /VG/ general for mount & blade. Lots of posters say cozur is a dick there. There have even been a couple "cozur edition" named threads. Common activities are posting screenshots of him being mean to people and generally moaning about him. As with all 4chan boards an account isn't needed to post. So most people just reply as anon. This has lead to two theories. Either that all the anti cozur posting is from you or that they are actually from cozur "advertising" his mod. Both theories are not to be taken seriously of course.

I'd recommend you not to disect every review though. Even if they do seem like intentional attacks. People will play your mod regardless of a score .3 lower than the main competition's. Just ignore it and continue working, as always I'm very excited for .6!

I did a quick search of mount and blade general 4chan and it sent me to some obscure webpage which i could make neither head nor tails of. Full of spam and people talking tripe, certainly not somewhere i would be visiting or posting. If people really think i have the time to go there and post rubbish then more fool them tbh.

Oh and dont worry, i only picked this review out because of his concluding comment.

"Also, stop spamming "lol cozur is dick amirite" nonsense on M&BG, produno. It's shallow, petty and embarrassing."

I was interested to see what i was actually getting accused of. Thanks for clearing it up.

Well would you look at this... http://www.moddb.com/members/getouttambg/reviews

I wouldn't put too much thought into what Cozur says about you under different names. Because it is Cozur's voice saying that; either it is him typing or a braindead sycophant.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview