Loader
logo

Is it possible for me to get Daenery's Targaryen as my wife?

Started by jccy, October 22, 2017, 09:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, is it possible for me to get Daenery's Targaryen as my wife instead of just being her vassal/marshal?

a french expression is saying : do not have the eyes bigger than the belly :p

You can't because it's part of the inherant mechanics of Mount & Blade itself that all lords are males, so Danay is the mod is simply a male character with a female skin. It should be possible to alter this in theory, but I reckon it must be extremely complicated since Produno never bothered changing that. All ladies you see in the mod that command armies are the same, the game treats them as males but they look like females, you even get in game reports saying that X lady is chasing Y lady with marriage proposals. You can probably marry Dany if you pick a female character ironically and even get her pregnant.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Noted with thanks! I guess I'll carry on being 'his' vassal and look for other possible lady to marry. Thank you for your replies :)

Quote from: Montblanc on October 22, 2017, 12:21:55 PM
You can't because it's part of the inherant mechanics of Mount & Blade itself that all lords are males, so Danay is the mod is simply a male character with a female skin. It should be possible to alter this in theory, but I reckon it must be extremely complicated since Produno never bothered changing that. All ladies you see in the mod that command armies are the same, the game treats them as males but they look like females, you even get in game reports saying that X lady is chasing Y lady with marriage proposals. You can probably marry Dany if you pick a female character ironically and even get her pregnant.
I usually Play as female and my current character is female too!! But I dont think you can marry any faction ruler in any way!

I just edited her as my Companion in the savegame-editor. As I play Rhaegar, that is fitting. And for the hornies: One can seduce Companions. wink. wink.

You can not marry any female lord even if you are a female. There is no option of marriage proposal!

Quote from: Arya on January 15, 2019, 12:56:36 PM
You can not marry any female lord even if you are a female. There is no option of marriage proposal!

Well there you have it then, tbh most of these threads are old and back then I wasn't able to develop my playthroughs too long before a newer version of the mod was released and I had to start over again. But indeed the game doesn't allow you to marry any NPC flagged as a faction leader, which means you could theoretically make changes via Morgh's to fix that.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Sorry for crashing the party, but i must correct you. In another mod it is possible to marry a female ruler, so it can't be about Warband mechanics.
"No man is free. Only children and fools think elsewise."

"You really think a crown gives you power?"

"When soldiers lack discipline, the fault lies with their commander."

"Explain to me why it is more noble to kill ten thousand men in battle than a dozen at dinner."

Quote from: Bear on April 16, 2019, 02:00:03 PM

Sorry for crashing the party, but i must correct you. In another mod it is possible to marry a female ruler, so it can't be about Warband mechanics.

I think Produno might've locked it either for immersion purposes then, or it was just something that was breaking the mod. There's a way to do it I've recently stumbled upon though but it requires some editing via the save game editor tool.

well you can marry Cerci, isnt that against immersion?
Tho she only has headaches all the time.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview