Loader
logo

Funny Shenanighans

Started by Produno, June 18, 2015, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, i get a little fed with some of the shitty reviews left in which they rate the mod a 1 but leave no feedback as to why or how it could be improved. I do actually enjoy reading constructive criticism! I decided to PM only 2 of them all. Heres the conversation ive currently been having with one of them. Ive found it quite amusing as im sure others may do too  ;D

Something that sticks in my mind is the fact he mentions me not writing straight (its never been my strong point)... remember this whilst reading his own writing :).

Enjoy.

[spoiler]produno Jun 12 2015, 6:58pm says:  Online
Hello,

Ive noticed youve rated my mod a 1, whilst rating ACoK's a 9. You point out some good facts in that review, eg, him working alone, as do I.

You will notice alot of people who have rated my mod a 1 have either mentioned Cozur or ACoK in the review, or have only rated one other mod, which happens to be ACoK, in which they rated a 9 or a 10.

With this in mind, is your review legit or are you just trying to have a personal dig at me like the others? If it is legit you could at least do the decent thing and try to rationalise your rating of 1. I am always taking suggestions on how to improve, but if your rating is sincere then there must be serious problems??

If your rating is just another attempt to troll then i shall start reporting these ratings to the moddb mods. Just because Cozur has decided to have a problem with me I dont see why his fanboys have to stoop so low too. We are afterall a modding community, people work for free to create stuff for the community. Its pretty saddening when stuff like this goes on just because one guy spat his dummy out.

url anchor
Rouha
Rouha Jun 15 2015, 5:42am says:
Oh God, what is this? I gave Cozur's mod a 9 rating because it's actually good and feels better in almost every way. I gave yours 1 because I literally couldn't stand playing it.

Let's start with the reasons. First, font is too small to read when you're not playing on full-screen. I always play M&B windowed 800 x600 because I also do other things while playing. The truth about whether or not you ever even thought about people who don't play on full-screen is better left unsaid. ACOK is true to the books and has fewer useless assets. The writing is far better than yours, for one. "Ned Stark has been beheaded and war has broken out. You don't want to be on the wrong side." Telling readers what they want or what they don't is an amateur writer's mistake. You read my opinion about writing on ACOK review too. To be fair I wrote that in hurry and I still have a lot of really minor issues I haven't said. Compliments too.

Combat feels really nice with the sound effects and proper statuses on equipment, and I don't see any swords that are absurdly wide and thick swung around by people wearing gigantic cloths which proportions are inhuman. Texture work is consistent in everything, while a lot of your assets are wrongly textured or have improper lighting. Music is great. No anglo-saxon instrumental music playing in Essos whatsoever. It's truly a shame that all those cool assets are inherited to you instead of Cozur.

You could say it's still on Alpha phase and all, but I remember playing ACOK's 0.7 and it was already far more solid than yours. Yes I'm aware that a modding community is not a nest of vipers, but you're the one acting as if it is. I'm already familiar with the world of project development since I've been a creator myself (not mod, but other things), and I truly respect every creator in the communities I'm in, but from the way I see it, the way you jumped into Cozur's thread in the Taleworlds forums and started promoting your mod in his very thread is an absurd attitude. I saw that, funny story.

I could go on and on with this, but I don't think you even deserve my opinions and suggestions after seeing how you deal with people who give you bad ratings. Actually I never gave a dusty fuck about all the drama between you and Cozur, and kept trying to see your mod and his objectively, but boy this is interesting. I'm starting to think that Cozur might be innocent after all. Try to approach people for suggestions more gently next time, instead of starting by accusing them as some kind of crazy cultist.

Summary, yes my rating is legit.

url anchor
produno
produno Jun 16 2015, 11:38pm says:  Online
Ok, so i dont normally bother wasting my time replying to trolls as i would rather spend the little time i have spare to improve my mod, but i will make an exception this time in the hope you may learn something.

Your reply is full of inconsistencies. Let me explain..

First you are reviewing an older version of the mod from the date at which you posted your review. You dont go to review a car but review the model previous do you? So why do it here?

You complain that you play at 800x600 and somehow think i owe it to you to make sure you can play at a different resolution to which I the mod creator plays at. I do not get paid to make sure it works flawlessly on every computer on every setting available. If this is something you want specifically to your needs, then i can arrange a price to make sure thats so ;).

You mention you are familiar with the world of project development, yet go on to claim you downvoted due to unfinished assets and other inconsistencies, proving you actually have no concept of Alpha. Someone with the background you claim to posess should have a full understanding of this concept. Though i urge you to look it up and educate yourself. If the mod did not have these problems then i wouldn't be labeling it an Alpha or even a Beta for that matter.

You should also understand the mod i built AWoIaF upon was Brytenwalda, an anglo saxon modification, hence why the extra redundant assets and the music you mentioned (most of which is changed in the B7 hotfixes). Cozur created his own on the Floris mod, which was already fully converted to a medieval setting. This created a huge amount of extra work for me and was a bad choice on my part. Though i had to do something different, which led me with little choice at the time.

I have no idea what you mean by "seeing how you deal with people who give you bad ratings". I have no problems with bad ratings, i even asked you to follow up with constructive criticism, which you failed on.

Im not sure where you seem to think i 'jumped' into Cozurs thread to promote my own mod? My mod thread is either just below his or just above, so why would i ever need to promote it within his thread? I also have my own forums which i predominantly use as do alot of others. I see this as the height of trolling trying to gain a reaction from me. Unfortunately for you, your just another robot typing words.

You can believe Cozur is innocent, i think youve got mixed up somewhere thinking i actually care about the whole fiasco, my main concern is to make a mod to the best of my abilities without the tarnishing of others. I have always been transparent and fully honest with my followers and everyone else. I have absolutely nothing to hide and will continue to act in the same manner questioning and confronting people where i feel necessary.

Summary, I asked you an honest question due to the shear number of ratings in the same light as your own. I was interested in honest criticism in why you found my mod so unbearable. Maybe you didn't realize i was asking subjectively... Or maybe you are indeed a troll as your reply was aggressive and offered no help at all.

Thanks for making the community a better place.

Produno.

url anchor
Rouha
Rouha Jun 17 2015, 6:40am says:
Funny that all those complains came from a person who can't even write straight.

I reviewed the older version of the mod? Which mod would The Mod be? My review was about Cozur's ACOK 2.0. Learn to communicate clearly at least.

If you fancy yourself as a developer, and a passionate one, you should have thought about people who don't play on full screen. During the design phase, game developers always think about different platforms and different kinds of systems the game might run on and plan ahead. Sure, some games are explicitly made for a platform like Windows-only games and this kind of restriction is fully acceptable, but no one restrict their games to be played only on full screen. That's absurd. Mount and Blade itself is already playable in all resolutions, but you screwed that up in your mod. It's one of the basic attitudes you should have as a developer. The attitude to think about all kinds of players and not to blame them for playing in a different setting, which the default game your mod is based on supports. The lack of it is also a reason why I gave you 1 out of 10. Your mod breaks more things than it adds.

I pointed out your mistakes and you antagonized me for that instead. That is also a really bad attitude. And don't complain at those harsh words I gave you. You were the one approaching me while pointing fingers. To be honest I can't think how those criticisms would be harsh to anyone older than 10 years old.

Yes I did gave you 1/10 for bad assets too. Why? It's not because having unfinished features is a crime. It's because it looks like you don't even bother making them ready before presenting it. Have you ever heard of a cook who does this when trying a recipe?

"Hold on, the meat is still raw because I haven't cooked it, but here you go and taste it anyway though!"

No. One would wait until they get to an acceptable point and present the dish to the testers. Then any flaws or mistakes after that would be acceptable and the testers can give the cook decent suggestions. In game development, beta or alpha phase would be the phase where the game is not stable yet, but already playable. The assets have been made, the features installed, and all that stuff but the team isn't sure yet whether or not the game is already solid and worth publishing to public. That's why they have testers, to point out whatever mistakes they missed.

I knew it's based on Brytenwalda. My complain is about how you didn't even bother removing all the anglo-saxon crap before making a fresh mod out of it. It's like what I said before. You presented a raw meat and think it's good enough for people. Other people might be, but I'm not a dog. If this is what you mean by the best of your abilities, then you actually deserve 1/10.

I did give you constructive criticisms and those are good enough for anyone who doesn't have a stick so high up in their arses. I've been doing this for a pretty long time and most people listened to me and actually improved.

The main problem here is that you're butthurt for getting 1/10 for something that you deserve. Instead of approaching me by politely asking why, you rushed in and accused me for being a troll. You got some opinions about your mod and got even more butthurt and made this reply. Did you see Cozur complaining about those who give him 1/10 simply for refusing their stupid gaiant n dragonz ideas? I've never seen him talking about it at all. He's clearly more mature than you.

Now, let me tell you that being a nice guy isn't the only attitude that matters in development world. Working attitude is actually more important. If you really think someone who has given you THIS MUCH of inputs is a troll, then have yourself checked up.

url anchor
produno
produno 1sec ago says:  Online
Cant even write straight? Speak for yourself..

Anyway, in no particular order.. because i really cant be bothered...

I noticed you updated your review with even more flamebaiting. Another trolling activity :). Either that or you completely lack the capacity to understand what im actually writing. I didn't accuse you of being a troll in my first PM, i was speaking subjectively as i already mentioned. If you don't understand the word then look it up. If your going to fabricate stories in your reviews i can quite easily put this whole conversation on my forums.

As to your last reply, im not sure where you got the idea im a developer or even want to be one? Im an amateur mod creator that started creating something for myself because its something i enjoy, though instead of being selfish i decided to let others either contribute or use for themselves. I have no responsibility to make sure something i created for myself which works on my system should work on anyone elses! It seems all you enjoy doing is trolling the people trying to be creative and offering free modifications for others to enjoy. Maybe your energy would be better spent jumping on board and actually offering something of use?

Your descriptions of Alpha and Beta are wrong, you didn't even look it up did you? An Alpha dictates a state in which you are still adding features to an unfinished product. A Beta is the point in which pretty much all features have been added but the product still needs bug testing, fine tuning, balancing etc. All the things you listed are on my list of things to do whilst traversing through the Alpha - Beta - Final stages, that's why they are not constructive nor helpful. You are bashing a mod for not being finished when it quite clearly already says its not finished and comes with a Beta tag. Oh and Alpha does in no way mean the game should be playable, neither should Beta for that matter. This is why i told you to educate yourself, instead of being defensive look it up then you may actually realise why im saying what im saying. Stating you have incorrect assets and your writing is bad does not help at all... which assets? Why are they incorrect? How could they be improved? You say my mod breaks more than it adds, yet all you mention is the font size? I can think of 100's of added features so wheres all these things it breaks? Constructive criticism would label these things for me fix? The issue your referring to is easily solved by removing the font file in the module, if you had have asked i could have told you how to do this, because you know in a community like this we help each other not bash each other... at least i thought.

Also for your info, if i was to remove everything Brytenwalda from the mod i would have to change it back to native to then have to change it to ASoIaF related, this would double my workload on an already limited schedule and for what? Just to keep you happy?

The mod i was referring to is of course the mod we have been talking about, the very mod i pm'd you about in the first place. You mentioned my writing in the tutorial box at the beginning of the game. This is no longer present in the current version, meaning you have reviewed an older version of the mod. Again, was this another excuse to try and have a stab or do you sincerely lack the ability to put two and two together?

Pretty much everything you replied has included insults or a complete misconception of what i was writing. Whether you are trying to flamebait or just have bad interpersonal skills i don't know. Either way, you should read back through my replies with an open mind.

Lastly, i couldnt give a rats arse what you rate the mod and what i 'deserve', i was more concerned with honest feedback which i could use to improve the mod and 'hopefully' separate your review from the other vindictive reviews ive had. Unfortunately you would prefer to provoke drama and misconstrued advice. Anyway, ive spent too long wasting my time here. Others more helpful are counting on me to create something good, so if you have nothing of use to offer then i shall get back to it.[/spoiler]

Yeah, those Cozur fanboys can get very vicious. Don't you mind them Produno! You are a terrific modder and I still love the mod no matter how angry it makes me! :D

Heheh. There is a small part of me that gets alot of enjoyment watching you loose badly in your lets plays  ;D. Though it always seems through your frustration you want to succeed. I find myself in the same situation when ever i play and i know all the secrets (though i am pretty bad at the game)! But i find it keeps me interested, i enjoy playing the underdog and can hopefully get that into the mod. Admittedly though it needs to be a little more easier on the player :).

It can be frustrating yes but when you get ahead it makes everything all the better! PoP mod is another mod that does that style well and it's a great mod. You are heading in the right direction, just takes fine tuning.

ok, listen to this, i tried both, had more then 1500 in game days played with each (actually double that), Cozur's mod is good, well drown, fun to play to a point, but after becomes boring....i had battles were i slaughtered 1k man army with bearly 300 man, and again and again and again + (this is a great +) that mod is not stabile, can crash anytime, and it does, so i got tired of crashing and loading,then saving, crashing loading, bored of no challenge.

your mod crashed 4 (yes four) times, had to restart 5-6 times allways trying something new and on the 1500+ days save i still get my ars beaten from time to time. you have questions to us players and you care about our opinion, now try that out with Cozur. there is nuff more to say.   

I've played both a ton and IMO, this is the better mod.  One of my biggest gripes about the other one was not having the Night's Watch as a playable faction and having nothing north of the wall.  As soon as I saw those were both in this mod, I was sold.  I do have a desire to take over the realm as the Night's Watch (using the justification from I-Robot, the realm can't be trusted to keep itself safe with all the infighting and bs politics, so the Night's Watch must take things into their own hands).  I haven't tried to do it yet, was planning on starting that play through soon.  I'm not sure what will happen with the current diplomatic options of the night's watch starting with 100 diplomacy with all the other regions but if it came down to it I was planning on just conquering castles from the north until something happened.

Other than that, I also enjoyed having the dothraki as a faction from the start.  Once you flush Essos out and finish combing out the bugs, I don't understand how someone could rate the other mod higher to be honest.  It's just further along

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview