Loader
logo

What are the racial benefits?

Started by Forrester, September 28, 2017, 11:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 03, 2017, 06:09:58 PM
Quote from: Badg3r21 on October 03, 2017, 04:41:03 PM
I dont think that the dire wolf is a great benefit. He has the speed of a lame horse and gets taken down very easy...

I agree, Dire Wolf isn't great. Needs a buff to be as strong as the giants at least.

Where you feeding your wolf?  I been feeding him all the rotten meat and extras I buy and he's pretty strong it seems.  Gets several kills in battle and doesn't go down all the time.  The problem is he has a bad habit to rush early on.   Pump up his stats and he's much better. Haven't played free folk yet to try this with the giant, but I know Wolf is much like the DOG in the OG game you got to feed him to pump up his stats.

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 04, 2017, 01:30:21 AM
Quote from: Weizen1988 on October 03, 2017, 11:38:44 PM
Quote from: Badg3r21 on October 03, 2017, 04:41:03 PM
I dont think that the dire wolf is a great benefit. He has the speed of a lame horse and gets taken down very easy...
Its still something only they can get and then change cultures to get whatever troops they want, giving them an advantage, however minor, over other races. I just figure if some races get some bonus thing, the others should as well. Games singleplayer, so its not like it harms balance, mostly just seems strange to give two races racial bonus companion(s), one immunity to morale penalty over the sea, and  the rest, far as i can tell, nothing. Just my two cents on the matter.

I agree to am extent, that everyone should have something. But!

Free Folk & North have the weakest troop trees overall (in my opinion) and so rely on companions a lot more than other cultures. (Except Essos, I still think this troop tree needs a serious boost or changing to Volantis culture instead.)
Try northen spearmen against cavalray, Put them in Ranks, Shield wall or wedge formation sand watch the cavalry being torn!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview