Loader
logo

Fake Accounts for Fake Reviews

Started by Produno, May 04, 2014, 02:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 04, 2014, 02:40:26 PM Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:58:19 PM by Produno
Some may have noticed we had a fake account created on ModDB with the purpose to downvote the mod and hurt its ratings. I guess in an attempt to deter others from playing the mod. Here is the PM i sent to a Mod on ModDB and his reply.

[spoiler]produno May 1 2014, 8:37am says:  Online
Hello,

Im not sure who to message about this but i saw your profile on the forums. If you are not the correct person to contact could you please correctly direct me where else to discuss this matter.

I would like to report a fake account that has been created to downvote my reviews for my mod. The account in Q is this one http://www.moddb.com/members/kelso24

Im not 100% sure but ive been tipped off it may be connected to this one: http://www.moddb.com/members/cozur

I made a post about it on my mod page here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-world-of-ice-and-fire/news/fake-reviews

Im not sure if you can check the logs of accounts, but you will see the account was created on the day they reviewed my mod with a rating of 3, to which they never logged back on until i posted my news update, at which point they reviewed the mod a 1 (i guess just to spite me).

Is their any chance the fake review could be removed?

Thanks
Produno.

url anchor
INtense!INtense! 3hours 27mins ago says:
thanks for reporting, i have confirmed this and removed the user[/spoiler]

pic
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Feel free to make of this what you will, but i think it speaks for itself.  If anyone sees more fake reviews then please report them to me so i can forward them to the ModDB team.

I guess that's how some people would react when they realise that their competition has ideas that include something other than a re-modelled Calradia...

September 08, 2014, 06:56:35 AM #3 Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:02:05 AM by CitizenQ
Just wanted to say that it was his asshattery that turned me on to this mod in the first place. I had never heard of AWOIAF till I saw all the hoopla on the Clash of Kings Moddb Reviews page about this whole fake account thing. Found the link to these forums there.

I have been following / playing his mod since 0.90, and while I loved the mod, I couldn't help but think how much better it could be. The poster above me nailed it when he called it Caladria reskinned.

On top of that, Cozur is an ass. I had discussions with him several times over the lack of anything happening in his mod. Just for example, Dorne never went to war... with anybody... ever. So if you were a vassal of Dorne there was basically no way for you to advance. He was aggressively against changing this and told me so in a completely rude manner, claiming I should code it myself if I thought it should be in the mod because he wasn't going to waste time on it. After that I took a break from the forums over there for a while. Came back to check on how the mod was developing, and, lo and behold, Dorne know goes to war when Aegon invades (which I had suggested). Kinda pissed me off. I continued to play his mod because I love ASOIAF and Warband and I wasn't going to let him being an ass keep me from enjoying it.

But, if you guys can get this mod nice and polished it will blow his out of the water. Brytenwalda is a MUCH better base for a Game of Thrones mod than Floris is.

September 16, 2014, 02:14:57 PM #4 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:16:57 PM by Tacticus
Sort of the same here. Cozur and his fans are all asshats. I try to suggest something that could help the mod, and they all pile on, giving me hell and grief. Im staying as far away from that as I can, I will try to donate a few dollars everytime my paycheck comes in, not like $50 a week, but like 5 or 10. Cozur's mod will eventually die out, but for now, we have to deal with it. Whats worse, is I even gave constructive criticism but he was to stubborn to not even take that.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview