Loader
logo

Capturable companions question

Started by ronodeno, May 07, 2019, 03:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 07, 2019, 03:13:07 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:15:46 PM by ronodeno
I saw that you can recruit companions such as the Kingsguard and a few other's. Does that include the lords that follow around Vassals army such as Ramsey Snow?
When captured I can't break them out of the castle they are detained in as they just say they're busy. I assume you have to take a castle they are prisoner in?

EDIT: Just seen that you have to capture the Kingsguard. Is that the same with minor lords such as Ramsey?

I've only been able to recruit the King's Guard by sieging and taking a fief they were held in as prisoners. If you win tournaments in King's Landing while they are there, you will get a +1 relations with each of them. Then it's up to RNG whether they like you enough to join. I've only done this once or twice. It's difficult.

I've never been able to recruit other companions.

I tried to break Jon Snow and Mallador Locke but all he would do is tell me to talk to the Lord Commander to join the Night's Watch  :'(

Quote from: Maester Rawl on May 07, 2019, 07:28:47 PM
I've only been able to recruit the King's Guard by sieging and taking a fief they were held in as prisoners. If you win tournaments in King's Landing while they are there, you will get a +1 relations with each of them. Then it's up to RNG whether they like you enough to join. I've only done this once or twice. It's difficult.

I've never been able to recruit other companions.

I think you can also attack the party that holds them prisoners when they have not yet been brought to a castle.

Don't know about current versions, but taking them prisoners by yourself and recruiting them afterwards by talking to them works better than asking them to join you right after freeing them.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview