Loader
logo

Broken quest

Started by Akhanta, May 26, 2016, 01:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi! I'm encountering serious problems with quest. They somehow become corrupted between saving and load the game; when I click them in my notes tab, the quest's log is empty, except for "click on the title" line (or something like that). I tried ignoring that and talking to person I was supposed to find - and their response is "I'm busy". Please, help! I don't want to lose my saves :(

Can you elaborate a bit? Which quest? What step are you?

Winter is coming - part 2 is empty for me.
From what I've read, this happens when you save the game during the quest (before finishing it) and load it later. Also, converting saves to current mod version (with Warband saves converter) does it. v_v

Is there a way to fix my quest? Or at least reset it, or finish it with a cheat? Anything?

You could just skip the quest and do one of the many others. They are not mandatory, just add something extra for the player to do.

But this quest is a part of the main quest line, isn't it?

It is yeah, but it doesn't mean you have to do it. There are lots of other quests to do too.

But I want to. Main quest line is a quite major part of every game and I don't feel like skipping it, especially that I've been waiting for this version's release to continue that quest line. I could as well skip the entire mod, because there are lots of other things to do and games to play. Please at least try to help me, instead of saying "deal with it". :/

May 26, 2016, 08:46:11 PM #7 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:48:39 PM by Produno
You was asking how to skip it in your request.. hence why I say just ignore it. The main quest line is still not finished anyhow and other quests in the mod are much larger.

I also offer no support for people who do not create new games for each new release. If I did then I wouldn't have the time to continue modding because I would be constantly trying to help people fix things that are against the mechanics of the game. IF however the quest has broken from you saving the game whilst a quest is in progress, after starting a new game for Beta 9, then I will require your save game so I can check this. Though its not something I have come across (after testing the quests myself) or anyone else has reported.

Tldr,

A new game is required for every new release of the game.

I was asking if it's possible to skip this part (somehow finish it with a cheat, for example) and get the next quest.

Well, nevermind.

Akhanta, game is in beta stages and every new beta needs a new game, because lots of things can go wrong, like quests.
Every time a new beta is out I create a new game (not that I like that but I understand what it is to play a beta).

I fixed the issue. Will post the solution in a comment at ModDB site, so more people looking for a fix will get a chance to see it.

Oh, and feel free to repost the solution, correct possible spelling/grammar error etc. I don't care about credit. I spent some time trying to figure this and I just want to help people encountering the same problem. Cheers.

"I fixed the issue - at least, for saves corrupted by converting to mod's new version. Solution:
1. Start a new game - don't bother creating a proper character, it may be just random.
2. Start doing quests; don't bother doing anything else (like building an army, getting gold etc.), feel free to cheat to make it faster. Get to the point you were at before your save's quest log got corrupted. Create a save.
3. Open the Warband save editor/converter (Google it, it's easy to find). Import the corrupted save (not the one from mod's previous version, but already converted and therefore corrupted one). Import the new random save from point 2.
4. Convert the new save to the corrupted one, BUT tick only Quest and Quest Slots option. Uncheck the rest.
5. Export. Launch the game, open the new, just exported/created save. You should have your character as it was before, but with proper working quest log :)"

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview