Loader
logo

Best horseback capable bow and where to get it?

Started by Weizen1988, October 01, 2017, 01:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Im playing horse archer, wondering what the best bow was for horseback and where to get it. Since we dont have item menu anymore, I cant go check what is available, wondering if someone else knows?

Quote from: Weizen1988 on October 01, 2017, 01:46:58 PM
Im playing horse archer, wondering what the best bow was for horseback and where to get it. Since we dont have item menu anymore, I cant go check what is available, wondering if someone else knows?
The War Bow is still the best in the game. Randomly drops from Bandits in Westeros.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

October 01, 2017, 02:44:16 PM #2 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:04:21 PM by Weizen1988
Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 01, 2017, 02:20:48 PM
Quote from: Weizen1988 on October 01, 2017, 01:46:58 PM
The War Bow is still the best in the game. Randomly drops from Bandits in Westeros.
Ah cool, I actually havent used bows much in this mod. Time to go murder some bandits, here ive been running around essos figuring the dothraki or someone probably sell them. Thank you.

War Bow = Masterwork Hunting Bow
Masterwork War Bow = Unstoppable!
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 01, 2017, 03:07:37 PM
War Bow = Masterwork Hunting Bow
Masterwork War Bow = Unstoppable!
If all thats between me and that is some bandits, westeros is going to have a dramatic reduction in crimes against the smallfolk. Decent armor seems to have rendered me invulnerable to anything but lords. Any old bandits or a particular type? or is there one just called "Bandit"?

The ones specifically called "Bandits" with Bandit Leader in party.

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 01, 2017, 03:36:28 PM
Alright then, once I finish my service in essos Im off to murder bandits. Sorta funny that the best bow isnt from a proper troop, but a random bandit. Suppose horse archer isnt the most knightly troop, which seems to be what the kingdoms all went for though.

Quote from: Weizen1988 on October 01, 2017, 03:53:05 PM
Alright then, once I finish my service in essos Im off to murder bandits. Sorta funny that the best bow isnt from a proper troop, but a random bandit. Suppose horse archer isnt the most knightly troop, which seems to be what the kingdoms all went for though.

I think the War Bow is one that isn't necessarily meant to be in the game, as it's only 4 damage less than the Masterwork Long Bow when upgraded to the same degree, but has a 18 higher speed rating and a 99 accuracy rating.

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 01, 2017, 04:57:42 PM

I think the War Bow is one that isn't necessarily meant to be in the game, as it's only 4 damage less than the Masterwork Long Bow when upgraded to the same degree, but has a 18 higher speed rating and a 99 accuracy rating.
Based on that, yeah probably not intended to be there. Ive found like one party of them so far, are they from a particular area of westeros or just kinda all over? I found one up in the North.

Quote from: Weizen1988 on October 01, 2017, 06:19:24 PM
Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 01, 2017, 04:57:42 PM

Based on that, yeah probably not intended to be there. Ive found like one party of them so far, are they from a particular area of westeros or just kinda all over? I found one up in the North.

I tend to find them between Riverlands & North, but they can be all over. If you want more frequent but smaller groups head down to between The Reach & Dorne.

Cool I didn't use to play as horse archer but it's really fun. Time for some crime fighting in Westeros.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Quote from: Montblanc on October 02, 2017, 07:22:03 PM
Cool I didn't use to play as horse archer but it's really fun. Time for some crime fighting in Westeros.
I found one finally the other day, its way deadly. not at my gaming pc but it was 40something damage piercing I believe. It drops most anything real quick, didnt get to try it on wights or wight giants yet, which are so far the strongest things ive had to deal with, but that was more just lack of preparedness to deal with something that can down you in one hit through lordly great helm, lordly plate armor, lordly steel boots, lordly plate gloves and reinforced tower shield.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview