Loader
logo

Assistance with ingame apparel

Started by Produno, February 15, 2015, 04:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 15, 2015, 04:30:12 PM Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:34:09 PM by Produno
With the move to Beta im looking for someone that wants to take up the challenge of going through all the characters and troops in game and listing who needs there gear changing. You will then need to assist me in choosing the correct gear for these troops/characters. Whether that be from armour already in the game or from OSP's on the TW forums.

You will need to have a good knowledge of the different cultures and characters in the ASoIaF world and be able to sift through the different armours currently in the mods resource folder and the TW forums.

If your up for the challenge then please get in touch. This is something I could do but I would rather be polishing the code and fleshing out features where necessary.

If you feel you cant find the exact armour we need, ie for different characters on the TV show that wear specific armours, then find something similar. I will try and pursue textures' and modeller's to create new armours and release them after the finished release, unless of course they are made before hand. But to wait for these would take a very long time and unfortunately, like Cozur, I don't have the luxury of lots of donations to commission new armour types. Besides Its seems Cozur now has the monopoly on most armours and getting people to remake them will be a big ask, so chances are were gonna have to make do with what we have.

The idea is to get the game as polished as possible.

What do you mean exactly when you say Cozur has a monopoly on most armor?

Like that the style of armor used in COK can't be used in AWOIF? If thats the case I don't really understand why, its just the style of the show or the books.

But I have quite a few mods that I play, going through the cheat items menu to look for things that look like they could fit into the Game of Thrones world wouldn't be a problem for me to do in my free time.

My knowledge of the Game of Thrones World is pretty solid, and my google image searching abilities are without compare!

How much does it cost to commission armor/weapon types? lets say of quality equal to or greater then whats shown in COK?

But yea man, I think I could take on a task like this one.

Quote from: Kazansky22 on April 18, 2015, 02:48:28 AM
What do you mean exactly when you say Cozur has a monopoly on most armor?

Like that the style of armor used in COK can't be used in AWOIF? If thats the case I don't really understand why, its just the style of the show or the books.

Mainly because the armours hes using have already been created and have been given to him only for his mod. This means getting people to remake the same armours is a long call.

But I have quite a few mods that I play, going through the cheat items menu to look for things that look like they could fit into the Game of Thrones world wouldn't be a problem for me to do in my free time.

My knowledge of the Game of Thrones World is pretty solid, and my google image searching abilities are without compare!

Sounds good, though remember some armours in mods cannot be shared freely, so you will need to either ask the author of the mod or check the osp section.

How much does it cost to commission armor/weapon types? lets say of quality equal to or greater then whats shown in COK?

This depends on quite alot of things, for instance if its just a re-texture, or a whole new model needs making. But it could range anywhere from £15 for a single texture or upto and over £100 for a fully modeled and textured armour piece.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview