Loader
logo

Armor penalties

Started by Fleshbits, July 11, 2016, 12:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I read that medium and heavy armor give you penalties and see red on my character sheet.
Is there someway to offset that aside from putting in more skill points? Some mods lesson the penalty with str or agi. Wanted to check if this one does.

This is getting more confusing as I play the mod more.

Some armors actually say "Medium Armor: Penalties to some skills" or "Heavy Armor: Penalties to some skills". but some seem to be penalizing my skills without saying so at all. For example, a Round Shield, doesn't say a thing about it, until after I buy and equip it. I can strip naked to make sure it isn't encumberance and just equip the shield and my stats go down. Greaves also do this.

Any items please let me know so I can look into it.

This was a feature from Brytenwalda which was bugged. So ive made some changes and tried to fix all the bugs plus make it more intuitive. I guess it needs more work.

All items should range from light to heavy. Light gives no stat loss, medium give a little and heavy gives more. This is for all items.

The previous issue in Brytenwalda meant it would only show if the item was medium/heavy etc and would show the stats modifiers, for instance if its a cracked shield. Ive tried to allow so it will now show both. But if it doesn't for some items then I need to know which so I can re-visit the code.

July 11, 2016, 11:17:09 PM #3 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:04:27 AM by Fleshbits
I'll start my list here:

Wooden Shield
Tower Shield
Heater Shield
Kettle Helmet
Battered Kettle Helmet
Thick Kettle Helmet
Thick Mail Boots
Crude Greyjoy Helmet

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview