Loader
logo

Armor and Iron Flesh Useless

Started by Bob_Gnarly, January 04, 2018, 04:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I noticed that armor and iron flesh are basically useless in this mod?

I'm currently wearing all heavy armor and have my iron flesh at 6 and I still get 1 shot constantly.  This is on normal difficulty...

Is this intended?

Do the maths. Check the damage against your armour and health value. Make sure double damage is not on. What does it say the damage is when you are hit?

If arrow will shoot U in the head it's always over for U and that is logical... As for body shots I have no such problems, so I quess it's working.
Valar issi Targaryen.

It sounds like you have it on realism, where the damage does feel higher. I put it down to normal and I can normally take 2 or 3 hits in plate armor.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I haven't played M&B for some time, so maybe I'm just not used to the damage.  I thought maybe it was ramped up in this mod.

I just took a thrown axe to the body from an ironborn pirate that did 155 damage on normal difficulty.  I guess I'll just have to be more careful in future  :)

Oh and Produno, awesome mod you've made here mate!  Will keep me entertained until Bannerlord releases in 2050.

yeah those ironborn axe throwers are pretty tough. You could set player damage to 1/2 or 1/4 so you won't get one shotted or one hitted

Quote from: Bob_Gnarly on January 06, 2018, 02:07:45 AM
Thanks for the responses guys.

I haven't played M&B for some time, so maybe I'm just not used to the damage.  I thought maybe it was ramped up in this mod.

I just took a thrown axe to the body from an ironborn pirate that did 155 damage on normal difficulty.  I guess I'll just have to be more careful in future  :)

Oh and Produno, awesome mod you've made here mate!  Will keep me entertained until Bannerlord releases in 2150.

Fixed.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

February 04, 2018, 12:15:51 AM #7 Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:26:47 AM by Bob_Gnarly
One thrown weapon that could be toned down a touch are the stones the levies throw when you're seiging.

If I'm wearing full plate armor and helm, I don't think I should be getting one shot from rocks doing around 90 damage.  Thrown by levies...

This is on normal difficulty.

I think part of the issue of armor seeming weak in the mod is that axes (other than Wildling bone axes) dish out piercing damage instead of cutting damage as in Native. And there are a lot of units that use axes, especially if you fight Ironborn, pirates, etc. I'm not sure if that was a conscious design decision or just a carryover from Viking Conquest, because it does make some axes rather hilariously effective.

First off love the mod.

The archers do seem quite powerful or perhaps the armor values are not very high.  Currently bandits seem quite lethal even when wearing the highest level armor. I'm not sure this is intentional or not or just from my perspective as I tend to prefer when low level archers pose little threat to high end armor. I haven't recruited my army of longbowmen yet but I'm expecting them to dominate everything which at least from my revolution of the show was not the case.

Have you watched battle of the bastards? The archers were crazy in that episode hehe

If I recall correctly and I may not in the battle of the bastards Jon's army consists of a contingent of wildlings which would probably be classed as light infantry and don't wear notable armor of any type or helmets and the northern bannermen he has been able to raise. While the bannermen are wearing armor and I am not an armor expert it appears to not be plate/coat of plates armor. I believe the north favored lighter armor due to a combination of the weather and cost.

What I'm saying is that I'd feel that ad 1257 type armor values would feel better. I believe top their there is 80body 30 something  legs with a weight of almost 40.  Great helms would have a value of over 80 as well.  This is not saying that all armour should be like this or close to it but I like ad 1257s take on medieval balance.

Longbows heavy cross bows low rate of fire but can threaten knights.

Ideally I'd thing that you have light medium and heavy troops and certain weapons optimized to fight each. A weapon good for fighting fully armored knights is not the best for fighting lots of light troops and visa versa. Light troops with antiarmor weapons are good at killing knights but are vulntable to light troops with swords. A double rock paper scissors model if you will.

Meanwhile I have evolved into quite the terror with my 500 stag bow.

Quote from: DWA on April 01, 2018, 08:02:57 AM
If I recall correctly and I may not in the battle of the bastards Jon's army consists of a contingent of wildlings which would probably be classed as light infantry and don't wear notable armor of any type or helmets and the northern bannermen he has been able to raise. While the bannermen are wearing armor and I am not an armor expert it appears to not be plate/coat of plates armor. I believe the north favored lighter armor due to a combination of the weather and cost.

What I'm saying is that I'd feel that ad 1257 type armor values would feel better. I believe top their there is 80body 30 something  legs with a weight of almost 40.  Great helms would have a value of over 80 as well.  This is not saying that all armour should be like this or close to it but I like ad 1257s take on medieval balance.

Longbows heavy cross bows low rate of fire but can threaten knights.

Ideally I'd thing that you have light medium and heavy troops and certain weapons optimized to fight each. A weapon good for fighting fully armored knights is not the best for fighting lots of light troops and visa versa. Light troops with antiarmor weapons are good at killing knights but are vulntable to light troops with swords. A double rock paper scissors model if you will.

Meanwhile I have evolved into quite the terror with my 500 stag bow.

Actually, northern armor in the show is plated leather, meaning that underneath the brown leather you see in the show is a plated armor.

I believe  mounted troops were wearing that but I don't recall the standard levy forced wearing substantial armor. Regardless it does seem that short bows from bandits shouldn't be a substantial threat to knights or at least not nearly as accurate as they are.

Ramsey doesn't feel the need for a prolonged archer engagement  and armies in GOT at least to my knowledge do seem to be build around Longbows or shortbows  dominating the battlefield. Bows should be for killing med and light troops. 

To maybe resurrect this topic. The top armor values of around 50 plus gloves and around 50 for helmets. Those are very similar values to Viking Conquest but with significantly more powerful bows.

My thought would be med armor values should be around 50 on the top end for helmets and armor and heavy armor values would be more around 80 for armor and  80-90 for the heaviest helmets.

This would provide a niche for anti heavy troop weapons for example levy with halberd.

For example there would be light, med, and heavy troops. These troops would then be intended to fight light med or heavy troops.

Another example would be knights depending onthe faction could be optamized to fight other knights, masses of light troops or med troops. This would provide i think a bit more of a diverse troop tree, spicing it up a bit and limiting the cases of many units being simply better versions of the previous giving one little incentive not to upgrade except cost.

This allows a place for a whole varietly of weapons to have a niche.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview