Loader
logo

4.1 C++ runtime error

Started by Arya, January 10, 2019, 02:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am facing C++ runtime error and its stubborn, I havent been able to get along in a battle where it pops up for once.
In attached SS, I am trying this battle 6th time but useless.
https://imgur.com/a/O65llcv

January 10, 2019, 03:09:50 PM #1 Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:16:37 PM by Riven
If you can give us details maybe we can help you

-pc specs
-Warband version
-game from steam or downloaded
-mod from steam or downloaded

You can try:

-update microsoft visual c++ library (32 bits)

-try to reduce the number of perople in the battle, that can be very demanding
-Lower graphical Settings
-Directx7 instead of Directx9
-Disable bodies
-Disable sound & music (you can try first turning off Enable Sound Variation in lanchuer settings)

I got this from someone on steam:

Enable "Load Textures On Demand" and "Use Pixel Shaders". Both these options can be found in Warband's launcher. Enabling these options do more to help the game load in the first place than help prevent Runtime crashes, but they're still important.

Disable "Enable Sound Variation". This option is also found in the launcher, this time under the audio tab. Sound Variation is an option that slightly changes the pitch of each sound played, to make sure the same sound effect doesn't sound identical. Testing has shown that this effect isn't very noticable, but can have a major impact on the frequency of Runtime crashes.

Lower your graphical settings. Lowering your graphical settings can have a large impact on performance and crash frequency in Amber. Especially the settings "Number of Corpses", "Number of Rag Dolls", "Character Shadows" and "HDR Mode" have a large influence. Settings these options as low as possible can help prevent Runtime crashes.

Enable the "Disable Music" option. Disabling music altogether can only be done in the launcher. Disabling music allows the game to focus on rendering the game while not having to bother with music at the same time. The drawback in this case is obvious.

DRASTIC: Enable the "Disable Sound" option. From our experience, completely disabling sound removes any chance of the Runtime error to occur. The impact of this option is severe, as you can imagine, so we do not advise this option unless all of the methods above prove to be fruitless.

Quote from: Riven on January 10, 2019, 03:09:50 PM
If you can give us details maybe we can help you

-pc specs
-Warband version
-game from steam or downloaded
-mod from steam or downloaded

You can try:

-update microsoft visual c++ library (32 bits)

-try to reduce the number of perople in the battle, that can be very demanding
-Lower graphical Settings
-Directx7 instead of Directx9
-Disable bodies
-Disable sound & music (you can try first turning off Enable Sound Variation in lanchuer settings)

I got this from someone on steam:

Enable "Load Textures On Demand" and "Use Pixel Shaders". Both these options can be found in Warband's launcher. Enabling these options do more to help the game load in the first place than help prevent Runtime crashes, but they're still important.

Disable "Enable Sound Variation". This option is also found in the launcher, this time under the audio tab. Sound Variation is an option that slightly changes the pitch of each sound played, to make sure the same sound effect doesn't sound identical. Testing has shown that this effect isn't very noticable, but can have a major impact on the frequency of Runtime crashes.

Lower your graphical settings. Lowering your graphical settings can have a large impact on performance and crash frequency in Amber. Especially the settings "Number of Corpses", "Number of Rag Dolls", "Character Shadows" and "HDR Mode" have a large influence. Settings these options as low as possible can help prevent Runtime crashes.

Enable the "Disable Music" option. Disabling music altogether can only be done in the launcher. Disabling music allows the game to focus on rendering the game while not having to bother with music at the same time. The drawback in this case is obvious.

DRASTIC: Enable the "Disable Sound" option. From our experience, completely disabling sound removes any chance of the Runtime error to occur. The impact of this option is severe, as you can imagine, so we do not advise this option unless all of the methods above prove to be fruitless.
Lenovo Ideapad 310
Warband 1.174 (Steam)
AWOIAF 4.1 ( Downloaded from ModDb)
Link for specs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DQCyshiJtkvlae-x94gLgMv8l7i_VNIX

Tried solution:
Loading textures on demand.
Lowered settings including Anti-aliasing ( Was suffering from horrible fps loss in 4.1 and it helped )[/i]

PS: Is there any kind of dump/ error log file generated by mod? Or Should I try looking into Windows error and event logs and send it here?

The problem is your pc memory or your graphic card memory is not enough. You 920mx is a bit undepowered, try changing to directx 7 and see if that helps.

Quote from: Riven on January 10, 2019, 05:57:43 PM
The problem is your pc memory or your graphic card memory is not enough. You 920mx is a bit undepowered, try changing to directx 7 and see if that helps.
I don't think so, Yesterday when I clicked on " Surrender or die " against Robber knights, It crashed there. And Robber knights were 8.

The point here is that things are not 1 or 0. Memory, f.e., get higher usage as the game progress, so anything can cause the ctd.
I will try those points I told you and see if there's any benefit, then keep trying until you get the best options for your setup. If nothing works, I'll try to uninstall everything (config files too) and begin from a clean installation

Quote from: Riven on January 11, 2019, 07:25:03 AM
The point here is that things are not 1 or 0. Memory, f.e., get higher usage as the game progress, so anything can cause the ctd.
I will try those points I told you and see if there's any benefit, then keep trying until you get the best options for your setup. If nothing works, I'll try to uninstall everything (config files too) and begin from a clean installation
Can you help out a lil? Mostly it crashes when There is extended field battle with cavalry. The dotkraki battle extends and I haven't been able to finish one where I had to fight many doktraki Horse archers. It also crashed when I was fighting reach and there were many Cavalry units.
One more thing, Till 3.5 Everything was fine, I used to go with 70 knights in field and it didn't happen.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview