Loader
logo

Gift: Needed num, Tile, Fine cloth, Silk/oil uncirculated, Wrong faction name

Started by tos1, January 20, 2024, 05:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
When the player asks the Master of Whisperer to send gifts, some problems occur.

1. As gift for lady, "tile" and "fine cloth" are included but they don't exist in item_kinds. If "tile" is "silk hat" and corresponds to "itm_raw_silk|Silk", then the shown word should be "silk". Also, instead of "fine cloth", it must be "fine velvet" (I checked one fine velvet was used as the gift).

2. The number of needed items for gift to a lady (dyes, tile or fine cloth) is not shown when the player sends to a lady. As far as I checked, 2 dyes are used, silk seems to be uncirculated at markets, 1 fine velvet is used.

3. In needed items for gift to a lord (ale, wine or oil), oil seems to be uncirculated at markets. We might be able to see oil at delivery quests from guild master, but it seems not to be sold in stores at least AWoIaF v8.2 and later.

4. When the player tries to send a gift to a lord/lady/settlement of hostile faction, the Master of Whisperer mistakes the faction name. For example, when Iron Islands is hostile and you ask the Master of Whisperer to send gift to any of a lady/lord/settlement of Iron Islands, he says "Given that we're currently at war with the Braavos and ...".

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
(1) Explore all towns/villages and find "Silk" or "Oil" for sale. I cannot find them.
(2) Play as an independent faction, hire the Master of Whisperer, collect enough items for each gift, talk to the M of W, select "Please send a gift." and try following selections. You will see undefined items "tile" and "fine cloth" in both the M of W's sentence and the player character's choice (The "tile" might be "silk" but is not sold. The "fine cloth" must be "fine velvet" as far as tested). Also you will not be able to know the number of dyes/tile/velvet to collect.
(3) While Iron Island is one of your hostile, try to send gift to a lady, a lord, or a settlement (i.e. town or castle) of the faction via the Master of Whisperer. He will say "... Braavos ..." instead.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v9.1 Warband v1.174 downloaded

Fixed #1

Velvet and oil are sold, they are just quite rare.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview