Loader
logo

Beric Dondarion's "book" needed in 2 texts, Wrong speaker

Started by tos1, March 27, 2024, 09:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
(Spoiler)

In the quest "A Lannister always pays his debts" from Beric Dondarion at Hollow Hill:
1. It's hard that the player remembers the need for a book from the Beric's words "You lying ..." and the quest text "Beric Dondarrion has asked ...". (Especially when there was a real-week playing gap between accepting the quest and the battle.) Both texts should include words for the book.
2. The speaker of "You lying ..." and "The only one ..." must be Beric.

Related lines:

Quest
---- ### The book should be mentioned here.
qst_relic_text|Beric Dondarrion has asked you to despatch a Lannister raiding party that has been reported pillaging the villages around Hollow Hill. Once completed, you must return to Beric.
----

Dialog
----
dlga_start:relic_find_question
Have you dispatched the Lannister raiding party yet?
----
dlga_relic_find_question:relic_znaleziona
Yes! They all lie slaughtered. They won't be causing any more problems around here.
----
dlga_relic_find_question:close_window
No, not yet.
----
dlga_relic_find_question:relic_cannot_complete
I am afraid I have failed. They managed to escape.
----

----
dlga_relic_znaleziona:close_window
Excellent! I've something a little different as your reward, {playername}. This book you recovered, It's extremely valuable and now it's yours. Feel free to sell it if you don't want to keep it for yourself.
----

---- ### The book should be mentioned here, and ### the speaker must be Beric.
dlga_relic_znaleziona:close_window.1
You lying bastard! You remember me saying, 'We've been watching you'?!
----

---- ### The speaker must be Beric.
dlga_relic_cannot_complete:close_window
The only one that has failed is me, thinking someone like you would have been able to succeed in the first place.
----

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Visit Beric Dondarrion, accept the quest, find the enemy, and fight. Test all combinations (a) x (b); (a) Return with the book / without the book (*1), (b) Select "Yes! They all lie ... " / "I am afraid I ...". Check the dialog text and the quest text. Check the speaker of "You lying ..." and "The only one ...".

*1  To make the situation "without the book", fill up the inventory before the fight or abandon/sell the book after the fight.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v9.3, Warband v1.174 downloaded

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview