[v8.2] Robb Stark's Name/Title Not Changed Properly

Started by Zenith, July 25, 2023, 07:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your computer specs:
MacOS

Game version (and steam or downloaded):
V8.2 Downloaded, installed with the most recent shader's patch

Bug description:
It is my first time playing the TV/GoT version, and this has never happened during my previous playthroughs on the book/ASOIAF version. For some reason Robb's name was changed to exactly: "You have decided to take the news of the letter to Lord Tywin Lannister." on every part of the UI (Character notes, referrences in quests' descriptions and npc conversations, etc), except a few occasions:

1) On the world map when navigate mouse to his troop, at the very top center of the popped-up, his party name and number-of-troops are still shown as "King Robb Stark (308)". However, the very first "troop" on the troop list is "You have decided to take the news of the letter to Lord Tywin Lannister. (100%)"

2) When I interacted with a unit on world map with Robb around, the bottom left message still refer him as "King Robb Stark", with a message like "King Robb Stark has joined the battle ..."

How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Unsure about the exact reasons but the bug is very likely trigger after the raven telling us Ned was decaptivated, when "Lord Robb Stark" supposes to become "King Robb Stark". For the bastard/raven event prior to that, I chose to give the letter to Stannis.

Questions:
Is there a way to fix this without starting a new game? If so, which files should I investigate? I tried using some Save/Mod editors in addition to checking my local troops.txt, but he was referred as "Lord Robb Stark".

Thank you!

Thank you for your bug report, hero!

Did this happen after the Red Wedding?

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview