Loader
logo

So much bugs in Iron Islands

Started by Reinhard, February 08, 2022, 07:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Every time I try to save a lord from the Shatterstone castle, the dungeon door is always dysfunctional. It was the same in the previous version, and the situation is the same for the newly released 8.0. When I climb the castle walls in the sieges I made in any Iron Island, I sometimes sink to the ground and can't get out for a while.

Gray Garden castle has the same issues. No prison door, no lords hall door, and walking on walls occasionally causes character to get stuck in falling animation. AI is unable to get on one of the stairs leading up to the wall.

Quote from: Reinhard on February 08, 2022, 07:09:14 PMEvery time I try to save a lord from the Shatterstone castle, the dungeon door is always dysfunctional. It was the same in the previous version, and the situation is the same for the newly released 8.0. When I climb the castle walls in the sieges I made in any Iron Island, I sometimes sink to the ground and can't get out for a while.

If you could name the specific castles and show screenshots of the problem areas that would help me no end to fix the issues.

February 22, 2023, 07:55:25 PM #3 Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:02:33 PM by tos1 Reason: Added linked images.
(1) Stuck on wooden slotted floor
As Reinhard and Aaa wrote, there are too many "holes" on the wooden slotted floor of castle walls and it's difficult to escape from them. That seems to occur at ALL aerial wooden slotted panels (not on any stone/ground) at:

Shatterstone, Grey Garden, Blacktyde Castle, Crow spike peek, Downdelving. (These 5 castle has the same structure)

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Visit each castle, Tour the grounds, climb to the castle wall, find wooden slotted floor, and walk there around.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.2, Warband v1.174 downloaded
(Note: Perhaps v8.1 + WB v1.167 has the same problem.)

----
(2) Stuck in a hole of Castle Black
When the player tried to sneak into Castle Black as enemy  and battle with guards began, one of guards often gets stuck at a hole on the second floor of a gate, and it's hard to attack her/him.

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
Be the enemy of the owner of Castle Black (e.g. Attack Night Watch's village/caravan), visit the city, select "Disguise yourself and try to sneak into the town". If succeeded, leave the city and try again. Select "Try to fight your way out!", fight well and knock down 4 of 5 guards. Enter the opening in the gate and go upstairs. The last guard is often at the second floor of the gate and is getting stuck in a hole.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v8.2, Warband v1.174 downloaded
(Note: v8.1 + WB v1.167 has the same problem.)

----
Note 1: I made an image (96 KB) for (1) and (2) above, but cannot upload due to the upload directory full.
Note 2: There are other holes to get stuck but I haven't check exhaustively yet.

Edited to add two images (URL) on Feb 26 2024 UTC:

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview