Loader
logo

Crashing C++ Runtime error

Started by Jake Hanfrey, March 16, 2019, 03:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have no idea why but crashes randomly, there is no common or related reason why it crashes, can crash when just roaming the map, in battles, trying to enter cities and changing from tavern to local shops. It comes up saying Runtime error and tells exactly where the problem is, I have reinstalled the mod and checked M&B files on steam and all good but still has this issue, see screenshot down below for more info. Thanks for checking it out. P.S I cannot attach a picture as it keeps saying its too big even thought its tiny af. So it comes up in a white box stating the following:

Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Sub-heading: Runtime Error!

Message: Program:...Steam\steamapps\common\MountBladeWardband\mb_warband.exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

In addition this doesn't happen on native or any other mods I have. Thanks for any help.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2nd gen

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050

RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB 16gb

Hello my name is Saxon Taylor i,ve been having the same problem do you know how to fix it?

May 19, 2019, 10:51:10 PM #2 Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:00:52 PM by Ettenrocal
Run time errors are cause by lack of performance of your system cause of very bad Warband engine, you can try improve render_buffer_size (by replacing the value) in RGL config file push it to the max you can by testing by range of 512. for exemple i have myself a GtX 1060 6Go: i have tested 4096 for render_ buffer_size and it  was causing crashes so i tested then 3072 and no more crashes so i have keep this value.

You can also tick in configure panel of warband launcher "Use pixel shaders" most of people have modern graphic cards so you have to charge your graphic card with more calculs, if a modern graphic card is under used, it can cause stuttering. In the same logic you can push most of graphic settings to the max but this have a very different effects depending of mods, it seems that mods with low textures are the ones wehre you can usethis trick like TLD for exemple.

Force single threading could maybe be good too but i'm not sure about this one. I think if you have hyper threading this could be useful to make the game focus on one real core, but i'm not sure about that, others need to confirm that.

Once you have optimised your normal install of Warband you can finally patch the warband.exe:

You have also 4 GB limit patch for the Warband exe that allow Warband to use 4Go of ram in place of normally 2GB. Select the warband.exe and it will be patch. You can found it here https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview