Loader
logo

Recent posts

V9.0 / Gift: Needed num, Tile, Fine c...
Last post by tos1 - January 20, 2024, 05:08:51 PM
When the player asks the Master of Whisperer to send gifts, some problems occur.

1. As gift for lady, "tile" and "fine cloth" are included but they don't exist in item_kinds. If "tile" is "silk hat" and corresponds to "itm_raw_silk|Silk", then the shown word should be "silk". Also, instead of "fine cloth", it must be "fine velvet" (I checked one fine velvet was used as the gift).

2. The number of needed items for gift to a lady (dyes, tile or fine cloth) is not shown when the player sends to a lady. As far as I checked, 2 dyes are used, silk seems to be uncirculated at markets, 1 fine velvet is used.

3. In needed items for gift to a lord (ale, wine or oil), oil seems to be uncirculated at markets. We might be able to see oil at delivery quests from guild master, but it seems not to be sold in stores at least AWoIaF v8.2 and later.

4. When the player tries to send a gift to a lord/lady/settlement of hostile faction, the Master of Whisperer mistakes the faction name. For example, when Iron Islands is hostile and you ask the Master of Whisperer to send gift to any of a lady/lord/settlement of Iron Islands, he says "Given that we're currently at war with the Braavos and ...".

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
(1) Explore all towns/villages and find "Silk" or "Oil" for sale. I cannot find them.
(2) Play as an independent faction, hire the Master of Whisperer, collect enough items for each gift, talk to the M of W, select "Please send a gift." and try following selections. You will see undefined items "tile" and "fine cloth" in both the M of W's sentence and the player character's choice (The "tile" might be "silk" but is not sold. The "fine cloth" must be "fine velvet" as far as tested). Also you will not be able to know the number of dyes/tile/velvet to collect.
(3) While Iron Island is one of your hostile, try to send gift to a lady, a lord, or a settlement (i.e. town or castle) of the faction via the Master of Whisperer. He will say "... Braavos ..." instead.

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v9.1 Warband v1.174 downloaded
V9.0 / Re: i keep getting an errorcod...
Last post by Anonymous - January 14, 2024, 12:36:42 AM
This error first starts after you disable static wars.
On hovering mouse over items cause the error code to trigger.
Last post by tos1 - January 06, 2024, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: rbn61 on January 05, 2024, 06:20:47 PMit appears first when i go into a shop then it continues on the world map. it stops when i restart the game. i am using a new save for 9.0

edit: it happens when i hover over items in the store

I don't know the cause or what to do about it, but can provide some information.

The error is occurring in troop_get_player_relation in scripts.txt. The first of the two opcode=520 corresponds to "line no: 1". (The first 43 is the number of opcodes, opcode=21 is the line number 0 and has one parameter.)

---- scripts.txt, AWoIaF v9.1 or v9.0
troop_get_player_relation -1
43 21 1 1224979098644774912 520 3 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 52 520 3 1224979098644774914 1224979098644774912 22 2133 2 1224979098644774915 0 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774913 2 <snip>
----

---- scripts.txt, Native
troop_get_player_relation -1
30 21 1 1224979098644774912 520 3 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 52 520 3 1224979098644774914 1224979098644774912 22 2133 2 1224979098644774915 0 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774913 2 <snip>
----

Up to that point, it's the same with Native. In the source code of Module system 1.171 for generating Native *.txt, the only parameter passed to this script is stored in ":troop_no", and troop_get_slot (opcode=520) tries to read the slot based on the number.

---- module_scripts.py, Module system 1.171 (I added comments ###)
# script_troop_get_player_relation
# Input: arg1 = troop_no
# Output: reg0 = effective relation (modified by troop reputation, honor, etc.)
("troop_get_player_relation",
  [
    (store_script_param_1, ":troop_no"), ### opcode=21, num of param = 1
    (troop_get_slot, ":reputation", ":troop_no", slot_lord_reputation_type), ### opcode=520, num of param=3
    (troop_get_slot, ":effective_relation", ":troop_no", slot_troop_player_relation), ### opcode=520, num of param=3
    (assign, ":honor_bonus", 0), ### opcode=2133, num of param=2
    (try_begin), ### opcode=4, num of param=0
      (eq,  ":reputation", lrep_quarrelsome), ### opcode=31, num of param=2
----

It seems to be an error that this script is called on mouse hover when buying or selling, or that it is being used without setting troop_id correctly.

Since it does not reproduce in my environment (v9.1 and v9.0_dev7), it may occur only when specific birth selection when creating the player character (i.e. Natural Leader, Warrior, race, gender, etc.) and their combination.

Also, apply the v9.1 patch.

A similar case of "Viking Conquest 2.063" (Note: Its scripts.txt should be different from AWoIaF);
"Viking Conquest 2.063" Mar 15, 2023 on the TaleWorlds forum
Last post by rbn61 - January 05, 2024, 06:20:47 PM
Quote from: tos1 on January 04, 2024, 05:17:53 PMI'm not the developer nor tester. I've never seen it in my environment. Does it appear when you first stand on the map in a new game of v9.*?  Can you show the steps to reproduce?  (If you're trying to load a v8.* savegame into v9.*, that won't work.)

it appears first when i go into a shop then it continues on the world map. it stops when i restart the game. i am using a new save for 9.0

edit: it happens when i hover over items in the store
Last post by tos1 - January 04, 2024, 05:17:53 PM
I'm not the developer nor tester. I've never seen it in my environment. Does it appear when you first stand on the map in a new game of v9.*?  Can you show the steps to reproduce?  (If you're trying to load a v8.* savegame into v9.*, that won't work.)
V9.0 / i keep getting an errorcode
Last post by rbn61 - January 02, 2024, 09:35:15 PM
i keep getting an error code on the world map. the game appears to work fine but after i get the errorcode the text on the bottom left of the screen stops appearing for a seemingly random amount of time or until i reboot the game. this is the errorcode

script error on opcode 520: invalid troop ID: -1; line no: 1:
At script: troop_get_player_relation.
At script: troop_get_player_relation.

is there a way to fix this?
V9.0 / Religious facilities are not s...
Last post by tos1 - January 02, 2024, 04:28:32 PM
Recent hint_16 in en/hints.csv says:
----
If being chased on the world map you can wait in the various taverns or temples of your religion that are scattered about the map.
----

When the player character's religion is Seven, I visited a Septry with about 20 troops and selected "Rest here for some time.", but a group of bandits came and challenged while time is progressing.

Related topic: Evacuation at septries (Hint 16) by me

Check the player character's religion using [C] on the world map, lead a party with small troops, attract an enemy party around a religious facility related to the player char, run in the facility, select "Rest...", wait till the enemy find you.

V9.0 / Yoren explains blunt weapons w...
Last post by tos1 - January 02, 2024, 03:51:53 PM
When the player character ask Yoren "How did you come to join ...", Yoren must answer "I was young, saw my ..." and the player char "You knew who ..." but Yoren explains about blunt weapons instead and the "I was young, saw my ..." is skipped.

---- Player
dlga_ramun_talk:ramun_ask_about_capturing|How did you come to join the Night's Watch?
---- Yoren
dlga_ramun_ask_about_capturing:ramun_have_blunt_weapon|New to this, aren't ya? Lemme explain it in simple terms. The basic rule of takin' someone prisoner is knockin' 'em down with a blunt weapon, like a mace or a club, rather than cuttin' 'em open with a sword. That way 'em go to sleep for a little while rather than bleeding to death, ya see? I'm assumin' ya've a blunt weapon with ya, {lad/lassie}.
---- Player
dlga_ramun_have_blunt_weapon:ramun_have_blunt_weapon_yes|Of course.
dlga_ramun_have_blunt_weapon:ramun_have_blunt_weapon_no|As a matter of fact, I don't.
---- Yoren
dlga_ramun_have_blunt_weapon_no:ramun_have_blunt_weapon_no_2|No? Heh, well, this must be ya lucky day, {lad/lassie}. I've got an old club here ya can use. It's a bit battered, but still good enough to bludgeon someone until he stops movin'. Here, take it.
---- Player
dlga_ramun_have_blunt_weapon_no_2:ramun_have_blunt_weapon_yes|Thanks, Yoren. Perhaps I may try my hand at it.
---- Yoren
dlga_ramun_have_blunt_weapon_yes:ramun_ask_about_capturing_2|Good. Then all ya need to do is beat those bastards down with ya weapon, and when the fightin's over ya clamp 'em in irons. It's a bit different for nobles and such, 'em tend to be protected enough that it won't matter what kind of weapon ya use, but ya average rabble-rousers will bleed like a stuck pig if ya get 'em with somethin' sharp, and a dead rabble-rouser is no good to anyone.
---- Player
dlga_ramun_ask_about_capturing_2:ramun_ask_about_capturing_3|You knew who it was?
----

Meet Yoren for the first time when the player character hasn't met him yet, select "How did you come to join the Night's Watch?" from the choices. Yoren begins explanation about blunt weapons instead of "I was young, saw my ...". After the player character answered whether having such weapon, Yoren's "I was young, saw my ..." is omitted, and the player char ask him "You knew who it was?".

V9.0 / Training does not progress at ...
Last post by tos1 - December 27, 2023, 02:02:35 PM
(Unlike other training villages) training does not progress at all in the training village in the northeast of the North. The conversation loops from the beginning "Good day" after defeated the first opponent.

Some other (all??) training villages work well. Please check code for all.

Locate to the North, visit the training village in the north-east, select "I am ready for some practice", defeat an opponent, and talk to the trainer.

AWoIaF v9.1, v8.2, Warband v1.174 downloaded
V9.0 / Second Outfit: Arrows disappea...
Last post by tos1 - December 27, 2023, 01:08:30 PM
After selected [Camp]-[Second Outfit] and put a set of arrows to the left side, it disappears when reentered to the window. However, when put a hunting bow there after that, the arrow appears. Removing the bow causes arrow disappeared again.

As another problem, the player cannot put level1 bow or level1 shield there, and she/he cannot know what can be put. (I've not check other higher level weapons. Level 2 horse seems to be able to be put.)

Hold arrows, a few levels of bows, a few levels of shield. Do [Camp]-[Second Outfit], put arrow to the left side, push "Return" to close the window, enter the window again, and check left side. After that, put a hunting bow to the left. Try also level1 bow, level1 shield, or other type/level of items.

AWoIaF v9.1, v8.2, Warband v1.174 downloaded