A World of Ice and Fire Forums

News:

• Welcome to the Forums for the A World of Ice and Fire Modification for Mount&Blade.

Please register to view extra boards and access special features.
    Be sure to check back here often for all new updates and information.

• Full Version v7.11

Recent Posts

V7.0 / Cider Hall inner keep insta-death in siege combat
« Last post by l.judereed on May 11, 2021, 10:12:34 AM »
After narrowly winning a siege battle at Cider Hall, I had to face the final battle in the keep against the last defenders, seemingly NPC heroes. This was the final castle of the Westerlands, and a large number of lords were on hand, as well as the kingsguard. Upon loading into the keep interior, myself and my NPCs joining me all instantly fell dead as soon as we could begin moving, and thus immediately lost the fight and the entire castle with it.

I am uncertain if the bug was repeating; in order to prevent possibly losing again a very long siege and having to reload, I opted to retreat with only 2 or 3 enemies left and diplomatically force surrender. I do have the save still if wished for

Posting this here at Fallen Lord's request after mentioning it in the Discord
Suggestions & Discussion / castle can't defend enemy march
« Last post by LH of summerhall on May 11, 2021, 09:08:48 AM »
castle can't defend enemy march,even I got The bloody gates,my enemys still could pass through that castle to attack my Eyrie. :'(
V7.0 / Re: Unable to rescue lord from Prison in Shatterstone
« Last post by Maester Rawl on May 07, 2021, 08:44:15 PM »
Thanks for reporting the bug.
V7.0 / Giants in Dornishman party
« Last post by Regis Draven on May 03, 2021, 01:37:19 PM »
When I was near Frostfang camp after destroying free folk faction 4 giants join my party. Dornish heritage.
Help & Support / Companion relations
« Last post by lazyazy on May 01, 2021, 12:05:26 AM »
Hi,
I have a question. Is there any way to delete companions relations or their complaints? It's pretty annoying and I want to have all of them (lol).

thx for all answers
V7.0 / Unable to rescue lord from Prison in Shatterstone
« Last post by sobergfell on April 26, 2021, 02:19:43 AM »
Bug report.  Picked up mission to free Lord from dungeon in Shatterstone.  When I defeat the guard and get the key,  the option to enter the prison never appears when standing by the door.
Help & Support / Lagging in map (freeze)
« Last post by Roca on April 11, 2021, 09:43:39 PM »
Hello someone know why i have so many lag like this in the map mod ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k1sROkxCcg
Help & Support / Mod laging in map
« Last post by Roca on April 11, 2021, 09:18:27 PM »
Hello someone know why i have so many lag like that in map mod ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k1sROkxCcg
V7.0 / Re: Lords
« Last post by Produno on April 10, 2021, 02:23:46 PM »

I am new to the forum. I hope I am not repeating what has already been said and that it is relevant to the current addition. I have not been able to see all of the change logs as I am just starting to follow. I rebooted the current version from Steam.

Nope, these are perfect, thanks!
V7.0 / Re: Bug - The Bloody Gate or "Everyones Welcome Gate" including enemies
« Last post by Produno on April 07, 2021, 01:10:14 PM »
There are ways of doing anything, if you hack it in or make it extremely un-performant. The case here would be having to check every single party on the map to see when they went to one of these locations, then deciding what to do with them.

It would take a lot of work to make it work right. ACoK does not have a proper North of the Wall, where parties can roam freely between the two. They are completely separated and i guess the option to not pass is only for the player. This is the easy part and can be done in about 15 mins of coding. The hard part is working out where all the Ai for travel is for the NPC parties, finding out when they get to certain locations, then deciding what to do with them, or how.
Imo, its not worth the effort, or decrease in performance for the mod to make this achievable.
Is python really that difficult to work with?
Code: [Select]
If GetDiplomacy(ValeFaction,FactionAtDoor) == Enemy or GetRelations(ValeFaction,FactionAtDoor) < -10 then
    fight
end
^^Instead of processing all the AI is it possible to run a check on separate threads which lets most pass unaffected and only triggers a stoppage in a special scenario? Or is all of it processed on a single thread and zero option of being able to run the two codes simultaneously? (Two codes = 1. default movement code of AI and 2. scanning of area for enemies).

Edit: Maybe a scan loop?

An extremely late reply here, but the warband script is not the same as Python. There is no way to specify what threads what runs on, even some fully fledged game engines do not make that kind of thing easy. Also if we want to get a faction, we need to loop through every other faction and check against each until we find the one we want. We dont have the luxury of anything that normal languages implements.

For example, in another language you could potentially use the Observer pattern for this.